Announcement: Your votes are in! The January 2019 Philosophy Book of the Month is The Runaway Species: How Human Creativity Remakes the World by David Eagleman and Anthony Brandt.

What's up?

Please post all introductions in this forum. Tell us how you found the philosophy forums, what interests you about philosophy, and a little about you, such as your age, where you live, what you do for a living, etc.
GraphicsGuy
New Trial Member

What's up?

Post by GraphicsGuy » July 26th, 2017, 11:52 am

Hello, my name is Mark...I tend to go by graphicsGuy online and GG is quite acceptable for simplicity.

I'm not sure if I'll have much to add or say on this forum - I guess I will find out - I just thought it would be a better option than continuously wading through useless Facebook memes and the constant pop-culture drivel of YouTube (Do I sound frustrated? I sound frustrated. I apologize...I'm rather sensitive to other people's emotions and I have a temper and I'm Canadian, so I apologize a lot...).

Anyway, I'm a little too good at my job and generally find myself with nothing to do halfway through my days, so I need to find something to keep my mind churning or I just put my head on my desk and let my nihilistic tendencies overwhelm me. :lol:

LuckyR

Re: What's up?

Post by LuckyR » July 30th, 2017, 12:24 am

GraphicsGuy wrote:Hello, my name is Mark...I tend to go by graphicsGuy online and GG is quite acceptable for simplicity.

I'm not sure if I'll have much to add or say on this forum - I guess I will find out - I just thought it would be a better option than continuously wading through useless Facebook memes and the constant pop-culture drivel of YouTube (Do I sound frustrated? I sound frustrated. I apologize...I'm rather sensitive to other people's emotions and I have a temper and I'm Canadian, so I apologize a lot...).

Anyway, I'm a little too good at my job and generally find myself with nothing to do halfway through my days, so I need to find something to keep my mind churning or I just put my head on my desk and let my nihilistic tendencies overwhelm me. :lol:
Welcome. Jump in, the water's fine. Folks here are nice and the level of conversation is variable but generally of good quality, though there can be a tendency to avoid posts that threaten some established tenets from unfamiliar angles.
"As usual... it depends."

Empiricist-Bruno
Favorite Philosopher: Berkeley

Re: What's up?

Post by Empiricist-Bruno » July 30th, 2017, 11:35 am

GG in Canada stands for Governor General. I'll go with that. Welcome, GG!
Starting up here can feel miserable until you're out of probation, which can take a while. Good luck in making it.
All you need is love- (But not the one from narcissists)