The March Philosophy Book of the Month is Final Notice by Van Fleisher. Discuss Final Notice now.

The April Philosophy Book of the Month is The Unbound Soul by Richard L. Haight

Greetings

Please post all introductions in this forum. Tell us how you found the philosophy forums, what interests you about philosophy, and a little about you, such as your age, where you live, what you do for a living, etc.
Jacques_
New Trial Member

Greetings

Post by Jacques_ » December 13th, 2017, 4:27 pm

Hello,

New member landing on this website reporting in. I got here from a thread on /lit/ where someone pointed out the quality of the discussions on this website. I am a student, not in Liberal Arts though I have long been passioned by philology and literature, as well as natural sciences. I'm a very curious individual, and hopefully I'll have the opportunity to learn a lot of new things in here.

I'm also looking forward to give a new impulse to my personal journey, I used to read a lot of non-fiction and somehow lost this drive because college was eating away most of my free time for a while. I could not want anything more than a chance to get back on tracks. I don't want to leave this world knowing that there are masterworks I did not manage to read. My "favorite" philosophers & writers are Augustine of Hippo, Seneca, Virgile, Ovide, Thomas More, Nietzsche, Russell, and Foucault.

Looking Forward to meeting you in a thread,
Best regards,

Jacques

Steve3007
Favorite Philosopher: Eratosthenes

Re: Greetings

Post by Steve3007 » December 14th, 2017, 4:05 am

New member landing on this website reporting in.
Welcome Jacques_. Report to a moderator at 0900 hours for basic training.