Announcement: Your votes are in! The January 2019 Philosophy Book of the Month is The Runaway Species: How Human Creativity Remakes the World by David Eagleman and Anthony Brandt.

Salutations, Greetings, and Just Hello

Please post all introductions in this forum. Tell us how you found the philosophy forums, what interests you about philosophy, and a little about you, such as your age, where you live, what you do for a living, etc.
Philo Sofee
New Trial Member

Salutations, Greetings, and Just Hello

Post by Philo Sofee » February 24th, 2018, 11:06 am

New to the forum, and from browsing can see this is going to be a mighty interesting place! Looking forward to learning many things and lots of information, and even making some online friends.

Just a wee bit of background to perhaps give some bearings on myself, though it's probably boring as all get out. Read it anyway dang it. :lol:

I am a former Mormon apologist (still Mormon, but totally inactive), and have had my head buried in so much of the religion that I have missed out on philosophy, so when I found this forum I thought eureka! So anyway... I look forward to enjoying learning some philosophy around this joint.
I am still very young (middle aged...... oh all right then, a mere 57 years old - I believe in optimism dang it!) and have an active mind, lots of questions, many tentative answers, and plenty of enthusiasm for learning and sharing what I learn - if it's valuable anyway.

I am looking forward to absorbing all this board has to offer. No then, lets argue.....er, learn........ er discuss. Yeah, that's it! Discuss!

LuckyR

Re: Salutations, Greetings, and Just Hello

Post by LuckyR » February 26th, 2018, 4:35 am

Ah a Jack Mormon. Ex-Catholic here.
"As usual... it depends."