Announcement: Your votes are in! The January 2019 Philosophy Book of the Month is The Runaway Species: How Human Creativity Remakes the World by David Eagleman and Anthony Brandt.

Hello!

Please post all introductions in this forum. Tell us how you found the philosophy forums, what interests you about philosophy, and a little about you, such as your age, where you live, what you do for a living, etc.
Loosefish Scapegrace
New Trial Member

Hello!

Post by Loosefish Scapegrace » July 23rd, 2018, 2:57 pm

Hello everyone! I'm glad to have found this forum. I studied philosophy at university about 25 years ago but hadn't read much at all for quite a while until very recently, so I'm now trying to get my brain used to it again - not easy after such a long gap!

I'm currently trying to make my way through David Papineau's "Philosophical Devices", which covers a lot of stuff I knew little or nothing about. It's interesting, if sometimes a bit of a slog.

LuckyR

Re: Hello!

Post by LuckyR » July 26th, 2018, 3:14 pm

Loosefish Scapegrace wrote:
July 23rd, 2018, 2:57 pm
Hello everyone! I'm glad to have found this forum. I studied philosophy at university about 25 years ago but hadn't read much at all for quite a while until very recently, so I'm now trying to get my brain used to it again - not easy after such a long gap!

I'm currently trying to make my way through David Papineau's "Philosophical Devices", which covers a lot of stuff I knew little or nothing about. It's interesting, if sometimes a bit of a slog.
Kudos to you for taking on such a slog without the benefit of a high mark at the end of the exercise. Looking forward to your academically informed thoughts on the threads.
"As usual... it depends."