Announcement: Your votes are in! The January 2019 Philosophy Book of the Month is The Runaway Species: How Human Creativity Remakes the World by David Eagleman and Anthony Brandt.

Disbelief

Please post all introductions in this forum. Tell us how you found the philosophy forums, what interests you about philosophy, and a little about you, such as your age, where you live, what you do for a living, etc.
msieber
New Trial Member

Disbelief

Post by msieber » September 13th, 2018, 7:55 pm

I can hardly believe I am posting an introduction which I wasn't assigned to post by a professor... yet here I type...coincidentally finding myself committing an act I found it hard to believe I would ever find myself committing, in order to communicate with aim to potentially reach a deeper understanding about all thoughts and thought processes in which I also have a tendency to disbelieve (or more accurately question) to at least some extent. Thank God for disbelief right?! jk lol. Over-all I'm here to learn/reach a greater understanding, that's the one common denominator I hope to gain from any experience I can. In case you care to know what I'm currently physically/mentally attempting to achieve, this is: #1. day to day survival #2. to raise the toddler I aided in bringing into this world to the best of my ability without in turn slighting myself to the point in which I'm worn down into not being the parent I want to be. Attempting this without feeling like either way I'm not making the "right" decision in relation to that innocent little person and not wanting to influence their thoughts/ beliefs while simultaneously feeling like if I don't to some extent that their thoughts will be influenced by someone else who may potentially simply be searching for a young mind to influence (this isn't something I believe will be as much of a concern down the road when the ability to think critically is better formed but her being the age of 3, I consistently find myself discouraged when struggling to find the best angle from which to counter these finite ideals people have laid out for her)...As you may have imagined I'm finding #2 to be a potentially impossible balance for myself to achieve without much of any confirmation of my success or failure in doing so. #3. to complete my bachelors in integrative animal biology along with my minor in philosophy. #4. to discover what I want my next step in education to be by the time I have completed #3. #5. to help in any way I genuinely can whenever possible while doing my best to understand if/what I'm actually helping. #6. to read. Okay I'm stopping myself now, sorry for the excessive intro... :oops: