Incurably curious

Please post all introductions in this forum. Tell us how you found the philosophy forums, what interests you about philosophy, and a little about you, such as your age, where you live, what you do for a living, etc.
Wheels2004
New Trial Member

Incurably curious

Post by Wheels2004 »

My name is Bryan. I have been interested in philosophy for about a year, and I can’t believe it’s taken me 35 years to find it. Everything about it fascinates me, but I don’t have any academic background in it, so please be gentle with me as I learn. Lol
chewybrian
Favorite Philosopher: Epictetus

Re: Incurably curious

Post by chewybrian »

Welcome. I enjoy this forum very much and I hope you do, too. My 2 cents is that you will learn from reading the original texts, but this is a great spot to test your knowledge when you think you have learned something.

I recommend this guy very highly before, during or after digging into the texts:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zsdF7oZ ... K5UknnwZCq

He has great videos on many widely varied works of philosophy, in case you don't share my interest in Epictetus (but if you do, that series is well worth the time!). Just search youtube for " Sadler Sartre" or "Sadler Kierkegaard" or whatever might interest you, and you will probably find a very understandable interpretation from him.
"If determinism holds, then past events have conspired to cause me to hold this view--it is out of my control. Either I am right about free will, or it is not my fault that I am wrong."
virat1ew77
New Trial Member

Re: Incurably curious

Post by virat1ew77 »

Looking forward to be a active member of https://onlinephilosophyclub.com/forums Cheers!!

Return to “Introductions”

Philosophy Books of the Month

The Biblical Clock: The Untold Secrets Linking the Universe and Humanity with God's Plan

The Biblical Clock
by Daniel Friedmann
March 2021

Wilderness Cry: A Scientific and Philosophical Approach to Understanding God and the Universe

Wilderness Cry
by Dr. Hilary L Hunt M.D.
April 2021

Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute: Tools To Spark Your Dream And Ignite Your Follow-Through

Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute
by Jeff Meyer
May 2021

Surviving the Business of Healthcare: Knowledge is Power

Surviving the Business of Healthcare
by Barbara Galutia Regis M.S. PA-C
June 2021

Winning the War on Cancer: The Epic Journey Towards a Natural Cure

Winning the War on Cancer
by Sylvie Beljanski
July 2021

Defining Moments of a Free Man from a Black Stream