I Hate Gays

Discuss morality and ethics in this message board.
Featured Article: Philosophical Analysis of Abortion, The Right to Life, and Murder
Spiral Out

Re: I Hate Gays

Post by Spiral Out »

Xris wrote:The problem you have is the association with the obvious homophobes who would actively oppose gay rights.
Thanks Xris, but that's not my problem really. That's the problem of the people who are too lazy, too ignorant or too indifferent to ask for any further detail regarding my position or why I have assumed my particular position on this.

It will just be "think what you will" at that point. I can't be responsible for the shallow mindedness of emotionally reactive people.

I make no more association with any anti-gay-rights activists than with any gay-rights activists. I despise activists. Just a bunch of miserably insecure malcontents trying to make themselves feel better about their empty lives.
Dedicated to the fine art of thinking.
Thatsage

Post by Thatsage »

Spiral Out wrote:Interesting and insightful articles. I'd be interested to know what perspective the gay campaigners here (all those who have been calling me a homophobe throughout this thread, you know who you are) take on those articles.
I'd love to. My opinion is that those perspectives are foolish just as much as those of the revengeful of the gays or the primitive of heterosexuals. -- I emphasize I mean only the revengeful in the gay party and the primitive in the hetero party and am NOT generalizing.

All of those people are too insecure about themselves, or rather their being. All parties. They stand on such little ground they need cling to whatever hate or disdain helps them "define" themselves and feel IN CONTROL (for to HATE is to execute TERRIBLY "STRONG" judgment on others and establishing yourself) and as such they hold onto that little branch so strong blood runs down their hands. They are so weak so as to fall intro this trap which satisfies their needs only temporarily and in a less efficient way instead of seriously confronting THEMSELVES. All parties are at fault here.

Humanity will show progress when it will cease to take so much note of homosexuality and heterosexuality and just stick to sexuality. Homosexuality and heterosexuality are currently charged with too much emotional disarray and it would be better to forget them for the time being, however useful both terms actually are, in favor of simply "I like man" or "I like women" regardless of the speaking person's sex so that people could just CHILL THE **** DOWN.
Spiral Out

Post by Spiral Out »

Thatsage,

Thanks for your honest perspective. Did you happen to read the OP? This thread is about the snap judgments that are made in both directions. It's one thing to voice an opinion of dislike or disagreement, yet another to start labeling people with derogatory terms and act to interfere in their right to live their lives as they desire and to speak their mind about it.

I would hope that it's blatantly obvious by this point that the title of this thread is simply worded to catch the attention of people who might be overstimulated by the sensationalist media.

Also, you and I come from different generations. That plays a part in our individual perspectives.
Thatsage

Post by Thatsage »

Spiral Out wrote: Thanks for your honest perspective. Did you happen to read the OP? This thread is about the snap judgments that are made in both directions. It's one thing to voice an opinion of dislike or disagreement, yet another to start labeling people with derogatory terms and act to interfere in their right to live their lives as they desire and to speak their mind about it.
This incompatibility means there can be no solution within this chain of events, within this sequence. "A third-party" needs to intervene and say "oi, you are both fools and in need of education, let's go learn things together". The third party acknowledges the fault within the first two parties, but unlike the firs two, it also acknowledges it in itself and as such is trying to deal with it, and do away with it. To surpass what corruption had been inflicted upon humanity - the strengthening of emotions like revenge, hate, and disdain.
Spiral Out wrote:I would hope that it's blatantly obvious by this point that the title of this thread is simply worded to catch the attention of people who might be overstimulated by the sensationalist media.

Also, you and I come from different generations. That plays a part in our individual perspectives.
I get the impression you thought I didn't quite understand the meaning of what you wanted to discuss originally? I think I quite did. The problem in my opinion is the difficulty people have with facing themselves or with building themselves, which often leads them to lash out and tear at others. It's like that "self-righteous" pride angry mobs revel in.

The solution to problems of that origin (when the problem is actually the person) is healthy education (sorry but I will avoid from defining it for now) and a broadening of horizons. Essentially, in teaching both sides to become more "neutral" about something by showing them the human psychology which fuels their opinions on that something, we neutralize the threat of both sides - there is no conflict there anymore, attention is drawn to something else. I think we need to take both the primitive and the "one who thinks he is better than the primitive" past their standing ground, by showing them how they are so very much alike inside and are in fact, standing on the same ground.

What are your thoughts on "my solution"? I hope you understand what I'm trying to say as I guess I'm trying to cut at this from a rather odd angle :)
Spiral Out

Post by Spiral Out »

Thatsage wrote:The solution to problems of that origin (when the problem is actually the person) is healthy education (sorry but I will avoid from defining it for now) and a broadening of horizons.
Thatsage wrote:What are your thoughts on "my solution"? I hope you understand what I'm trying to say as I guess I'm trying to cut at this from a rather odd angle
Well, the combination of "sorry but I will avoid from defining it for now" and "I'm trying to cut at this from a rather odd angle" makes me think that I really cannot properly understand the fundamentals of your solution. So I cannot form any thoughts on it.
Thatsage

Post by Thatsage »

Spiral Out wrote: (Nested quote removed.)

(Nested quote removed.)

Well, the combination of "sorry but I will avoid from defining it for now" and "I'm trying to cut at this from a rather odd angle" makes me think that I really cannot properly understand the fundamentals of your solution. So I cannot form any thoughts on it.
My fundamental solution is to basically make people smarter, by giving them proper and good education. Good education would include subjects like philosophy and psychology at the forefront which will liberate people of their prejudices. This will allow them outline humans and their drives and backgrounds, and make one more capable of dealing with subjects maintaining a critical and logical standpoint instead of letting a foolish, prejudiced heated emotion outburst or their personal problems get the better of them.
Michaelpearson

Post by Michaelpearson »

It is better to have all the pertinent in formation prior to arriving at a certain conclusion but attaining all the pertinent information isn't always possible.
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

Michaelpearson wrote:It is better to have all the pertinent in formation prior to arriving at a certain conclusion but attaining all the pertinent information isn't always possible.
And not always required as some can surmise quite often or extrapolate using logic and reason.

Every problem has a solution or direction for remedy to take.

Regards DL
The Beast

Post by The Beast »

Greatest I am wrote: (Nested quote removed.)

And not always required as some can surmise quite often or extrapolate using logic and reason.

Every problem has a solution or direction for remedy to take.

Regards DL
I have some doubts. What is the ideal homosexual? Is that syntonic or dystonic. Why would I tell a child that it is OK? How would I do that?
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

How do you tell a child that a genetic defect has caused him to be a certain way?

You just tell them and then let them follow their natural tendencies and as long as things are kept between consenting adults, there will be no problem. You then tell them to seek the highest human ideal, love, find it with whomever they choose, and have a great life.

That is what moral people would do when that condition enters their genetic line as it inevitably will. That is what moral parents would do.

Regards DL
Xris

Post by Xris »

You could try electric shock treatment if locking them under the stairs does not work. :roll: I still believe that Spiral has a certain point. If you find the open expression of affection by two men unsettling are you homophobic? I have to be honest the sight of two men kissing makes feel uncomfortable. I know it is my problem but should I be condemned for having such feelings? I would hide my feelings and I hope not treat them adversely.Ignoring certain reactions in our character will not cure us.
Groeslon
New Trial Member

Post by Groeslon »

True, it is easy to get caught up in a competition of self-righteousness, particularly where political correctness replaces integrity...but just as easily avoided by examining your reactions and spending the time necessary to fine-tune your perceptions and associations. After all, you have not made any point at all, just complained vaguely. If you are more precise, you will undoubtedly discover that it is not any individual person you hate, but a collective vindication of what is really nothing more than a form of vanity and consumerism. i.e. very similar to the rest of popular culture. At this point you will have to commit to some value other than those supplied by popular culture, if you are to clarify your point of view.
Spiral Out

Post by Spiral Out »

Thatsage wrote:Good education would include subjects like philosophy and psychology at the forefront which will liberate people of their prejudices.
I don't think that a "good education" will fundamentally change Human nature. We judge. We judge regardless of whether we have the knowledge necessary to make a complete judgement. This is what we do as Humans. No amount of education would change our nature. It perhaps might allow us a few additional methods of consideration after the fact but that would only be effective in the absence of emotional states. We are not logical beings, we are emotional beings.
Thatsage wrote:This will allow them outline humans and their drives and backgrounds, and make one more capable of dealing with subjects maintaining a critical and logical standpoint instead of letting a foolish, prejudiced heated emotion outburst or their personal problems get the better of them.
This is all assuming that you can educate the emotional nature out of Humans. Not very likely. We are not logical beings.

I understand your goal and appreciate the ambition but it's just not realistic. However, I suppose it's worth a shot if it can be implemented.
The Beast

Post by The Beast »

Greatest I am wrote:How do you tell a child that a genetic defect has caused him to be a certain way?

You just tell them and then let them follow their natural tendencies and as long as things are kept between consenting adults, there will be no problem. You then tell them to seek the highest human ideal, love, find it with whomever they choose, and have a great life.

That is what moral people would do when that condition enters their genetic line as it inevitably will. That is what moral parents would do.

Regards DL
My morals: The golden rule. I am not against homosexuals; some of the best people are homosexual but, I am against the homosexual act. There is also the alcohol gene. Would you embrace it or fight it? … And if you think that I am wrong then answer the question about medical code 302.0 and why is it different than pedophilia.
Stormcloud

Post by Stormcloud »

:mrgreen: Theres nothing "gay" about homosexuality or a perverted sexual nature. The word gay means something entirely different to what is implied here and has been stolen and superimposed on gross behaviour to make it look respectable or, at least, acceptable. Looks like they've sucked you all in! Please, homosexuality is HOMOSEXUALITY.

Return to “Ethics and Morality”

2023/2024 Philosophy Books of the Month

Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise

Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise
by John K Danenbarger
January 2023

Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless: Wisdom Behind the Incomparable Chicken Soup for the Soul

Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless: Wisdom Behind the Incomparable Chicken Soup for the Soul
by Mitzi Perdue
February 2023

Rediscovering the Wisdom of Human Nature: How Civilization Destroys Happiness

Rediscovering the Wisdom of Human Nature: How Civilization Destroys Happiness
by Chet Shupe
March 2023

The Unfakeable Code®

The Unfakeable Code®
by Tony Jeton Selimi
April 2023

The Book: On the Taboo Against Knowing Who You Are

The Book: On the Taboo Against Knowing Who You Are
by Alan Watts
May 2023

Killing Abel

Killing Abel
by Michael Tieman
June 2023

Reconfigurement: Reconfiguring Your Life at Any Stage and Planning Ahead

Reconfigurement: Reconfiguring Your Life at Any Stage and Planning Ahead
by E. Alan Fleischauer
July 2023

First Survivor: The Impossible Childhood Cancer Breakthrough

First Survivor: The Impossible Childhood Cancer Breakthrough
by Mark Unger
August 2023

Predictably Irrational

Predictably Irrational
by Dan Ariely
September 2023

Artwords

Artwords
by Beatriz M. Robles
November 2023

Fireproof Happiness: Extinguishing Anxiety & Igniting Hope

Fireproof Happiness: Extinguishing Anxiety & Igniting Hope
by Dr. Randy Ross
December 2023

Beyond the Golden Door: Seeing the American Dream Through an Immigrant's Eyes

Beyond the Golden Door: Seeing the American Dream Through an Immigrant's Eyes
by Ali Master
February 2024

2022 Philosophy Books of the Month

Emotional Intelligence At Work

Emotional Intelligence At Work
by Richard M Contino & Penelope J Holt
January 2022

Free Will, Do You Have It?

Free Will, Do You Have It?
by Albertus Kral
February 2022

My Enemy in Vietnam

My Enemy in Vietnam
by Billy Springer
March 2022

2X2 on the Ark

2X2 on the Ark
by Mary J Giuffra, PhD
April 2022

The Maestro Monologue

The Maestro Monologue
by Rob White
May 2022

What Makes America Great

What Makes America Great
by Bob Dowell
June 2022

The Truth Is Beyond Belief!

The Truth Is Beyond Belief!
by Jerry Durr
July 2022

Living in Color

Living in Color
by Mike Murphy
August 2022 (tentative)

The Not So Great American Novel

The Not So Great American Novel
by James E Doucette
September 2022

Mary Jane Whiteley Coggeshall, Hicksite Quaker, Iowa/National Suffragette And Her Speeches

Mary Jane Whiteley Coggeshall, Hicksite Quaker, Iowa/National Suffragette And Her Speeches
by John N. (Jake) Ferris
October 2022

In It Together: The Beautiful Struggle Uniting Us All

In It Together: The Beautiful Struggle Uniting Us All
by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
November 2022

The Smartest Person in the Room: The Root Cause and New Solution for Cybersecurity

The Smartest Person in the Room
by Christian Espinosa
December 2022

2021 Philosophy Books of the Month

The Biblical Clock: The Untold Secrets Linking the Universe and Humanity with God's Plan

The Biblical Clock
by Daniel Friedmann
March 2021

Wilderness Cry: A Scientific and Philosophical Approach to Understanding God and the Universe

Wilderness Cry
by Dr. Hilary L Hunt M.D.
April 2021

Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute: Tools To Spark Your Dream And Ignite Your Follow-Through

Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute
by Jeff Meyer
May 2021

Surviving the Business of Healthcare: Knowledge is Power

Surviving the Business of Healthcare
by Barbara Galutia Regis M.S. PA-C
June 2021

Winning the War on Cancer: The Epic Journey Towards a Natural Cure

Winning the War on Cancer
by Sylvie Beljanski
July 2021

Defining Moments of a Free Man from a Black Stream