Announcement: Your votes are in! The January 2019 Philosophy Book of the Month is The Runaway Species: How Human Creativity Remakes the World by David Eagleman and Anthony Brandt.

I'm visiting my girlfriend in Thailand, what do I need for tourist visa?

Chat about anything your heart desires here, just be civil. Factual or scientific questions about philosophy go here (e.g. "When was Socrates born?"), and so most homework help questions belong here. Note, posts in the off-topic section will not increase new members post counts. This includes the introductions and feedback sections.
mysterious14355
New Trial Member

I'm visiting my girlfriend in Thailand, what do I need for tourist visa?

Post by mysterious14355 » January 12th, 2018, 6:23 am

I’ve been in an online relationship with a loving lady from Thailand. I met her through A Foreign Affair and we’re in a healthy relationship despite not meeting in person. We have video calls every now and then, and corresponds regularly; and because it’s the holidays… I’ve decided to visit and spend the New Year with her.
I’m very excited! There are roughly few days left and it’s a sudden decision, so I’d like to ask for advice on getting a tourist visa. I’m a U.S. citizen and I’d like to know what are the requirements I’ll need in order to get a fast approval. But I’ve also heard that there’s no need for a visa if I’m only staying for less than a month… is this true? I really need some helpful input!

LuckyR

Re: I'm visiting my girlfriend in Thailand, what do I need for tourist visa?

Post by LuckyR » January 13th, 2018, 2:29 am

mysterious14355 wrote:
January 12th, 2018, 6:23 am
I’ve been in an online relationship with a loving lady from Thailand. I met her through A Foreign Affair and we’re in a healthy relationship despite not meeting in person. We have video calls every now and then, and corresponds regularly; and because it’s the holidays… I’ve decided to visit and spend the New Year with her.
I’m very excited! There are roughly few days left and it’s a sudden decision, so I’d like to ask for advice on getting a tourist visa. I’m a U.S. citizen and I’d like to know what are the requirements I’ll need in order to get a fast approval. But I’ve also heard that there’s no need for a visa if I’m only staying for less than a month… is this true? I really need some helpful input!
Are you familiar with the cable show: Ninety Day Fiancé?
"As usual... it depends."

Steve3007
Favorite Philosopher: Eratosthenes

Re: I'm visiting my girlfriend in Thailand, what do I need for tourist visa?

Post by Steve3007 » January 14th, 2018, 4:48 pm

Given enough time, I feel confident that Albert Tatlock will post a cruel but funny comment in this thread.