Understanding Trump's Use of Language

Have philosophical discussions about politics, law, and government.
Featured Article: Definition of Freedom - What Freedom Means to Me
Steve3007

Re: Understanding Trump's Use of Language

Post by Steve3007 »

Dachshund wrote:Its common knowledge that Negros do actually do emit a distinctive, and in the opinion of many persons, malodorous scent
And in your opinion, you have stated previously.

The concept of a distinctive racial smell is not confined to just one group. Since smell is a sense that is often associated with decay, ill-health and lack of hygiene, it has often been called into service when it has been felt necessary to demonize a perceived enemy. The "foetor judaicus" (the Jewish stench) has been a commonly used antisemitic trope since the middle ages. So, in disseminating this kind of propaganda, you are in what you would presumably regard as good company.
Steve3007

Post by Steve3007 »

Dachshund wrote:I'm baffled, BTW, as to why is it that you think I would ever want to meet you ?
As I've said previously, I'm fairly certain that you wouldn't want to take up my offer and meet me. I make the offer simply because I think it would be good for you to look into the eyes, and possibly even smell the odour, of the human beings that you find it amusing to abuse. I didn't believe for one minute that you would have the guts to give up the safe anonymity of the internet. Now...
More posts on the issue of Black African/Muslim immigration in the Anglosphere to follow anon (as promised).
Carry on.
Steve3007

Post by Steve3007 »

Dachshund, the anonymity that is provided for you by this method of communication is, I suspect, important in allowing you to show us the very deepest and darkest parts of your mind. I suspect that the comments you make on here are thing that you wouldn't even want your wife or son to see. But you can show them to us. So, as I said, please do carry on.
Steve3007

Post by Steve3007 »

On the subject of smell as a means of vilifying and provoking the persecution of a hated rival group of humans, here's an interesting book review that I found:

https://www.nybooks.com/articles/1986/1 ... ose-knows/

As it says, "despised racial groups and social classes were sometimes said to have a distinctive odor; one of the many French words for prostitute, putain, derives from the superstition that sexually active women smelled of sperm, and the fetor judaicus was attributed to the race, not to the crowded ghettos in which they were forced to live."

In Britain, it is a cliche that French people, for example, are defined by their smell or garlic, pungent cheeses and nasty sordid, un-British sex. If I remember rightly, there is a very comical passage from Jerome K Jerome's "Three Men in a Boat" in which he describes the problems he has carrying around a strong smelling French cheese. As I recall, the protagonist of the novel eventually buries it on a beach.
Sy Borg
Site Admin

Post by Sy Borg »

Dachshund wrote:I'm baffled, BTW, as to why is it that you think I would ever want to meet you ? I mean, not only are you a "race traitor" who is a disgrace to the English nation, but you are also clearly unstable, - ( quite possibly paranoid and/or delusional judging from the bizarre lies you have posted) -, and this being the case, I have no option but to regard you as being potentially dangerous. So, thanks for the offer, but I'm afraid I'll have to decline.
Dachshund, I cannot speak for your body odour (like wet dog?) but your soul is pungent like sulphur. The stench you put over this board with your paranoid personality disorder is simply repellent. I keep wondering how you came to be so incredibly screwed up? What kind of damage would do that to a person?

As if Steve or his daughter would be the slightest danger to anyone. Your comments above are simply unhinged in what looks very much like hysterical paranoia.
Burning ghost

Post by Burning ghost »

Sausage Dog -
Apocrine glands are scent glands, they secrete a watery fluid that is relatively high in protein and carries a characteristic odor. When skin bacteria
start to proliferate in the presence of apocrine gland secretions, this can , after about an hour, start to generate the smell that we recognise as body odor. Body odor typically has a pungent, vinegary-ammoniacal scent, though when it is particularly intense it can indeed smell positively faecal.
In sum, because they have more and larger apocrine glands than any other racial group, Negroids secrete more apocrine fluid and are thus more likely to have problems with body odor (the medical term for this particular kind of body odor is "apocrine bromhidrosis"). Here a reference to a relevant paper in the mainstream scientific literature for you...

cf: Rawlings A.V. International Journal of Cosmetic Science, 2006, 28, p. 87.
You seem to have misread something somewhere. Allow me to quote Rawling’s words directly:
As a result of testing on different body sites, anatomical site differences in skin functionality are responsible for the greater contradictory evidence between studies, e.g. between testing the volar forearm and the face. Studies are sometimes also not directly comparative due to the different geographical locations of where the study was conducted. Even within one country there can also be dramatic geographical differences in climate which will influence the structure and function of the skin as it adapts to that particular climate. Seasonal changes in skin composition also occur as reported by Rogers et al. [4] and stratum corneum (SC) barrier function and desquamatory properties acclimatize to different environments as reported by DeClercq et al. [5]. Blood circulating hormones also influence skin status, e.g. monthly changes in circulating sex hormones in women, and stress can induce changes in the levels of circulating stress hormones, e.g. cortisol which can affect skin structure and function in both short and long term. This has recently been exemplified by Choi et al. [6]. Circadian rhythms also occur that influence, in particular, sweat and sebum secretions [7, 8]. Naturally diet will have a big influence on skin composition and function [9]. Nevertheless, this review will summarize the differences that are reported in the literature.
And then
Several papers suggest that there are differences in the number of sweat glands between different racial groups. However, when measuring sweat gland functionality, acclimatization needs to be taken into consideration as this will influence the onset and type of sweating process. Thus there is probably a greater density of actively sweating glands in the tropics rather than real differences in gland numbers. Differences in electrolyte content may occur where Negroids do not resorb as much sodium chloride as Caucasians. Apart from this no other compositional differences are reported but they are highly likely to occur.

There are some very early studies in this area which indicate that Black subjects have larger apocrine glands and in greater numbers than Caucasians and Chinese. They can be as much as three times greater in Negroid subjects. There is also a greater proportion of secretion of apocrine fluid by black subjects; secretions were more turbid and had a different odor.

The apoeccrine gland is a somewhat forgotten gland which develops at puberty from the eccrine gland. It is present in the axilla, per‐anal regions and on the face particularly in the nasal skin. Its fluid does contain some lipid but it is mainly water and electrolyte. However, it is a much bigger gland and is reported to secrete at 10× the rate of the eccrine gland. Again these are found in greater number in black vs. white facial skin. In the axilla these glands are reported to represent up to 45% of the glands present and they secrete fluid directly on the skin surface unlike apocrine glands.
https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/ful ... 06.00302.x

Also from elsewhere:
Perspiration itself actually has no odor. It’s only when sweat encounters bacteria on the skin that a smell can emerge. Other than body odor (BO), bromhidrosis is also known by other clinical terms, including osmidrosis and bromidrosis.
I don’t really see how your colourful interpretation reflects the research fairly. You fail to mention any of the benefits of darker skin for some reason? The “odor” is not really a significant item (funnily enough I’d call it “cosmetic.”)

It is hardly saying blacks stink like apes. Some people smell and some people have different complexions. Now you’ve resd that arricle I guess that was what emboldened you to use the term “race: so loosely when calling Steve a “race traitor.”

You’ve cetainly given me a good laugh. Why others are takkng the bait is part of your plan. I know your intent. You want to rile people up and “flush out” those leaning too far to the left. The thing is the kind of people you despise won’t be on this forum because they take offense scream, shout and stomp then run away crying - no one here is doing that.

Anyway, what’s next? IQ? I like airing uncomfortable subjects. When it comes to “intelligence” (g-factor) there is actually more to a human being than mere “intelligence.” That is a subject which has fascinated me for a while so tread with care when spitting out statistics. It helps if you at least make an effort to offer up the speculation around the data rather than actively selecting only what suits your cause (whatever that may be.)

Humans are complex creatures. Ironically your inclination to categorise and label is precisely what you should be fighting back against if you so staunchly hate the “lefties.” Punching someone in the face and accusing them of violence is called hypocritical. If you wish to present some kind of higher moral ground then you’ve got a hell of a lot of work to do to make up for what you’ve said - pointing the finger at someone else is merely a victim mentality; is that all you’ve got now?

I understand that old habits die hard and that old habits do have some truth buried in them. One factual piece of evidence doesn’t mean everything you beileve is a proven fact though.
AKA badgerjelly
Steve3007

Post by Steve3007 »

Burning ghost wrote:I don’t really see how your colourful interpretation reflects the research fairly. You fail to mention any of the benefits of darker skin for some reason? The “odor” is not really a significant item (funnily enough I’d call it “cosmetic.”)

It is hardly saying blacks stink like apes. Some people smell and some people have different complexions.
It's an example of the "I'm simply quoting facts" defense, which is often used when facts are selectively quoted, or when only opinion-laden conclusions are given, in order to advance an agenda. In this case, the stated agenda is of course to preserve what is regarded as Anglo Saxon racial purity, and stop its genetic dilution by inter-breeding with sub-humans, in certain countries. i.e. the agenda referred to in Mein Kampf. I don't see why @Dachshund objects to this comparison, since he seems to have done everything he can to warrant it.

But I think this subject of human body odour, and the way that it's been used in various ways over the years for things as diverse as demonizing groups of people or selling deodorant, is an interesting one. I mentioned earlier the longstanding concept of "foetor judaicus" (the Jewish stench) that has been used in anti-Jewish propaganda, similar to that of Dachshund's against non-Anglo-Saxons, for centuries. The accusation that someone stinks is a powerful weapon for all kinds of reasons. The lighter side of it is the deodorant and mouthwash commercials with which I'm sure we're all familiar. They seek to use the fact that it's often difficult to detect one's own smell, as it might be perceived by others, to foster a commercially lucrative sense of paranoia. If we're all convinced that we might, without even knowing it, be social pariahs because of the unchecked bacterial activity in our mouths or under our arms we're likely to spend money.

The strong taboo against smelling bad, together with the tendency not to openly mention it to people, makes it a powerful weapon.
Now you’ve resd that arricle I guess that was what emboldened you to use the term “race: so loosely when calling Steve a “race traitor.”
@Dachshund believes me to be a "race traitor" for wider reasons than this. I don't think he needed to find evidence that he thinks supports his assertion that "negros" are stinking sub-human apes to believe it. He believes it of anybody who doesn't share his own views about Anglo Saxon racial and cultural purity. Calling those people "left wing" is just a convenient label.

Here's an example of a fella who was labelled a race traitor, for similar reasons, in the past:

This one says "I am a racial defiler":

Source:
https://encyclopedia.ushmm.org/content/ ... -the-enemy
You’ve certainly given me a good laugh. Why others are taking the bait is part of your plan.
I think the question of how to approach the words of people like @Dachshund - to ignore or engage - is a topic in itself. But, as I guess I might have indicated, I don't regard his words as harmless fun. I regard them as personal attacks on real people which, in the past, have led to such things as illustrated above. So (going back to the odour analogy) there's no choice but to hold one's nose and engage, even if it's ultimately futile.
Dachshund

Post by Dachshund »

Dear BG,
Burning ghost wrote: November 17th, 2018, 3:44 am You seem to have misread something somewhere. Allow me to quote Rawling’s words directly:
As a result of testing on different body sites, anatomical site differences in skin functionality are responsible for the greater contradictory evidence between studies, e.g. between testing the volar forearm and the face. Studies are sometimes also not directly comparative due to the different geographical locations of where the study was conducted. Even within one country there can also be dramatic geographical differences in climate which will influence the structure and function of the skin as it adapts to that particular climate. Seasonal changes in skin composition also occur as reported by Rogers et al. [4] and stratum corneum (SC) barrier function and desquamatory properties acclimatize to different environments as reported by DeClercq et al. [5]. Blood circulating hormones also influence skin status, e.g. monthly changes in circulating sex hormones in women, and stress can induce changes in the levels of circulating stress hormones, e.g. cortisol which can affect skin structure and function in both short and long term. This has recently been exemplified by Choi et al. [6]. Circadian rhythms also occur that influence, in particular, sweat and sebum secretions [7, 8]. Naturally diet will have a big influence on skin composition and function [9]. Nevertheless, this review will summarize the differences that are reported in the literature.
It seems to me that you have no kind of substantial formal education in science ? Am I right?

(1) The block of text you have transcribed from the literature paper I cited is totally irrelevant with respect to the key issue at hand, namely, apocrine bromhidrosis

Please explain why you posted it.
Burning ghost wrote: November 17th, 2018, 3:44 am
Several papers suggest that there are differences in the number of sweat glands between different racial groups. However, when measuring sweat gland functionality, acclimatization needs to be taken into consideration as this will influence the onset and type of sweating process. Thus there is probably a greater density of actively sweating glands in the tropics rather than real differences in gland numbers. Differences in electrolyte content may occur where Negroids do not resorb as much sodium chloride as Caucasians. Apart from this no other compositional differences are reported but they are highly likely to occur.
(2) "Sweat glands" ( or "eccrine" glands) are not apocrine glands. Thus the block of text above is also completely irrelevant to the issue at hand.

Please explain why you posted it. It seems to me that there are only to possible reasons (a) pure scientific ignorance, or (b) basic stupidly. Am I right ?

Burning ghost wrote: November 17th, 2018, 3:44 am Perspiration itself actually has no odor. It’s only when sweat encounters bacteria on the skin that a smell can emerge. Other than body odor (BO), bromhidrosis is also known by other clinical terms, including osmidrosis and bromidrosis.

(3) Please correct me if I am mistaken, but I think you will find I clearly explicated in my post how it was the action of bacteria on apocrine gland secretions that was responsible for apocrine bromhidrosis ( which is the chief source the malodorous stench of what we call "body odor". Given this the passage of text you have quoted above is superfluous.

Please explain why you cited it.
Burning ghost wrote: November 17th, 2018, 3:44 am There are some very early studies in this area which indicate that Black subjects have larger apocrine glands and in greater numbers than Caucasians and Chinese. They can be as much as three times greater in Negroid subjects. There is also a greater proportion of secretion of apocrine fluid by black subjects; secretions were more turbid and had a different odor.

The apocrine gland is a somewhat forgotten gland which develops at puberty from the eccrine gland. It is present in the axilla, per‐anal regions and on the face particularly in the nasal skin. Its fluid does contain some lipid but it is mainly water and electrolyte. However, it is a much bigger gland and is reported to secrete at 10× the rate of the eccrine gland. Again these are found in greater number in black vs. white facial skin. In the axilla these glands are reported to represent up to 45% of the glands present and they secrete fluid directly on the skin surface unlike apocrine glands.
(4) Here (by some miracle/ random chance) we actually have a relevant quotation from the literature article I cited in my post. Hooray !! But unfortunately it says nothing over and above the information I include in my original post on "Ape Stink"?

Given this, please explain why you felt the need to re-cite the information?

Let me "cut to the chase" now and simply ask you whether or not you had any idea at all of what you were hoping to achieve by posting the irrelevant/superficial/unnecessary sections of text from the scientific paper I cited in my post on the uncommon stink of body odor that is characteristically associated with Black sub-Saharan Negros. As I said above, it appears to me we are dealing here with either scientific ignorance or rank stupidity. Am I right ?

Finally, if you are able to muster the requisite skills, you will find - if you can manage to use the search engine on your computer imaginatively/ intelligently- ( I'll keep my fingers crossed for you :roll: ) that there are literally countless pieces of anecdotal evidence accessible from legion individuals all over the world confirming that the have indeed found that Blacks Sub-Saharans Negros emit a strong ,and distinctively unpleasant, kind of "body odor" stench. Or, to put it in more simple terms for you: lots... of ...people... from... different... places... all... over... the... world... have noticed... for... literally... centuries... to... date... that... Black... Africans... tend... to... stink. They just do. Do you geddit ,BG ? Has the "penny dropped" old sport, or would you like Uncle Dachshund to draw a nice little picture to help
you understand ?

Regards

Dachshund
Eduk
Favorite Philosopher: Socrates

Post by Eduk »

a n e c d o t a l evidence
Unknown means unknown.
Burning ghost

Post by Burning ghost »

Sausage Dog -

You didn’t provide any link to the paper you cited. I did for you. Anyone who cares to read what you said will see it for what it is.

I thought it appropriate not to saddle your vacuous “perspective” with Rawl’s immpartial study into differences in human skin composition. I don’t believe he used the term “ape stink.”

Stop quoting me saying things I didn’t say. They were Rawl’s quotes.

Anyway, as usual it’s fascinating to see your warped mind at work.

Thanks for sharing, and thanks to everyone on the forum for allowing him to speak openly about his opinions.
AKA badgerjelly
Fooloso4

Post by Fooloso4 »

Dachshund:
"Sweat glands" ( or "eccrine" glands) are not apocrine glands.
There are two main types of sweat glands: eccrine glands and apocrine glands.

Males have more/larger apocrine glands than women, therefore Dachshund smells worse and is inferior to women.

Asians have less/smaller apocrine glands than Caucasians, therefore Dachshund smells worse and is inferior to Asians.
Steve3007

Post by Steve3007 »

Burning ghost wrote:Thanks for sharing, and thanks to everyone on the forum for allowing him to speak openly about his opinions.
I admit I have a weakness for feeding him the rope with which to hang himself.
Sy Borg
Site Admin

Post by Sy Borg »

Fooloso4 wrote: November 17th, 2018, 10:21 amAsians have less/smaller apocrine glands than Caucasians, therefore Dachshund smells worse and is inferior to Asians.
Indeed. It looks like John is onto something here.

All these years we laboured under the misapprehension that a person's character is what matters most and now, after all this time, we find that petite apocrine glands are the true indicator of human virtue and quality.
Steve3007

Post by Steve3007 »

An interesting article about this use of smell as one of the ways in which we humans try to define "the other" - the enemy tribe:

https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10 ... 16.1202008

In asserting that black people ("negros") have a foul smell, and further asserting that "lots of people from different places all over the world" have agreed over the years, and thereby using it to suggest that they are sub-human, Dachshund, it seems, is following a long tradition. And, as we know, he is a lover of tradition.

The article notes that the "foetor judaicus" (the Jewish stench) was traditionally thought to be the result of a curse from God, but by the early 18th Century was seen as a result of hygiene and diet. Diet is a reason that is often cited. In Britain, it has been a tradition in the past to vilify people of Indian decent by alleging that they stink of curry. And, of course, French people have often been alleged to stink of garlic.

IN the case of dark skinned people of African origin, the article suggests that the association of smell with the dark skin draws on a more general 18th Century association of blackness with "putridity and foul odour". And, it seems, in the 18th Century it was thought that:
The nature of the sweat of dark skinned individuals was more likely to degenerate into ‘miasma’ and disease, causing both blackness and the smell of putridity.
Again, associating a particular skin colour with disease and decay is a very effective demonizing tool.

So it seems that smell, as much as visual appearance, has for a long time been a very effective tool for the purpose of attempting to evoke revulsion and fear of the other tribe, making it easier to verbally abuse, physically abuse, mistreat, enslave, hurt or kill them. As we've seen from the historical treatment of various human tribes by various other human tribes, it's very effective in that end!

As I've said, Dachshund is in what he would regard as very good company in keeping up this tradition.
Fooloso4

Post by Fooloso4 »

Steve:
Dachshund, it seems, is following a long tradition.
It is unlikely that anything we say will free him of this prejudice. I do not know if William F. Buckley counts as one of Dachshund’s "capital C traditional Conservatives", but Buckley was able to overcome his prejudices against Blacks and went from being an opponent of civil rights to a defender. There are two things he mentions that changed his mind. One, he came to find the arguments of his conservative friends convincing, and the other is what he witnessed of the treatment of Blacks. I think the latter may have been more convincing than the former. He was moved by witnessing first hand how badly they were being treated by the people who claimed moral superiority.

I do not know the extent to which Dachshund is blinded by his hatred. It may be that there is an element of sport here - him wanting to show how clever he is by making what he thinks are good arguments he hopes others will be bothered by but will be unable to refute. The repeated failure of such attempts has led to a predictable pattern - shout and retreat.

It would be a comic twist if some day his daughter were to take a Black lesbian lover. Would he disown her or come to understand that his hatred is corrosive? Would he learn to regard this woman as a human being worthy of dignity and respect? Or what if she had a child with a Black man? Could he love his “half-breed” grandchildren? Could he get past their stench because being half white it is only half as bad? Or what if he were gravely sick and in urgent need of medical care? Would he decline treatment if the doctor had two strikes against her, being both Black and a woman? Or what if he discovered that his blood or organ donor was of an inferior race?

Return to “Philosophy of Politics”

2023/2024 Philosophy Books of the Month

Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise

Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise
by John K Danenbarger
January 2023

Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless: Wisdom Behind the Incomparable Chicken Soup for the Soul

Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless: Wisdom Behind the Incomparable Chicken Soup for the Soul
by Mitzi Perdue
February 2023

Rediscovering the Wisdom of Human Nature: How Civilization Destroys Happiness

Rediscovering the Wisdom of Human Nature: How Civilization Destroys Happiness
by Chet Shupe
March 2023

The Unfakeable Code®

The Unfakeable Code®
by Tony Jeton Selimi
April 2023

The Book: On the Taboo Against Knowing Who You Are

The Book: On the Taboo Against Knowing Who You Are
by Alan Watts
May 2023

Killing Abel

Killing Abel
by Michael Tieman
June 2023

Reconfigurement: Reconfiguring Your Life at Any Stage and Planning Ahead

Reconfigurement: Reconfiguring Your Life at Any Stage and Planning Ahead
by E. Alan Fleischauer
July 2023

First Survivor: The Impossible Childhood Cancer Breakthrough

First Survivor: The Impossible Childhood Cancer Breakthrough
by Mark Unger
August 2023

Predictably Irrational

Predictably Irrational
by Dan Ariely
September 2023

Artwords

Artwords
by Beatriz M. Robles
November 2023

Fireproof Happiness: Extinguishing Anxiety & Igniting Hope

Fireproof Happiness: Extinguishing Anxiety & Igniting Hope
by Dr. Randy Ross
December 2023

Beyond the Golden Door: Seeing the American Dream Through an Immigrant's Eyes

Beyond the Golden Door: Seeing the American Dream Through an Immigrant's Eyes
by Ali Master
February 2024

2022 Philosophy Books of the Month

Emotional Intelligence At Work

Emotional Intelligence At Work
by Richard M Contino & Penelope J Holt
January 2022

Free Will, Do You Have It?

Free Will, Do You Have It?
by Albertus Kral
February 2022

My Enemy in Vietnam

My Enemy in Vietnam
by Billy Springer
March 2022

2X2 on the Ark

2X2 on the Ark
by Mary J Giuffra, PhD
April 2022

The Maestro Monologue

The Maestro Monologue
by Rob White
May 2022

What Makes America Great

What Makes America Great
by Bob Dowell
June 2022

The Truth Is Beyond Belief!

The Truth Is Beyond Belief!
by Jerry Durr
July 2022

Living in Color

Living in Color
by Mike Murphy
August 2022 (tentative)

The Not So Great American Novel

The Not So Great American Novel
by James E Doucette
September 2022

Mary Jane Whiteley Coggeshall, Hicksite Quaker, Iowa/National Suffragette And Her Speeches

Mary Jane Whiteley Coggeshall, Hicksite Quaker, Iowa/National Suffragette And Her Speeches
by John N. (Jake) Ferris
October 2022

In It Together: The Beautiful Struggle Uniting Us All

In It Together: The Beautiful Struggle Uniting Us All
by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
November 2022

The Smartest Person in the Room: The Root Cause and New Solution for Cybersecurity

The Smartest Person in the Room
by Christian Espinosa
December 2022

2021 Philosophy Books of the Month

The Biblical Clock: The Untold Secrets Linking the Universe and Humanity with God's Plan

The Biblical Clock
by Daniel Friedmann
March 2021

Wilderness Cry: A Scientific and Philosophical Approach to Understanding God and the Universe

Wilderness Cry
by Dr. Hilary L Hunt M.D.
April 2021

Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute: Tools To Spark Your Dream And Ignite Your Follow-Through

Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute
by Jeff Meyer
May 2021

Surviving the Business of Healthcare: Knowledge is Power

Surviving the Business of Healthcare
by Barbara Galutia Regis M.S. PA-C
June 2021

Winning the War on Cancer: The Epic Journey Towards a Natural Cure

Winning the War on Cancer
by Sylvie Beljanski
July 2021

Defining Moments of a Free Man from a Black Stream