The March Philosophy Book of the Month is Final Notice by Van Fleisher. Discuss Final Notice now.

The April Philosophy Book of the Month is The Unbound Soul by Richard L. Haight. Discuss The Unbound Soul Now

The May Philosophy Book of the Month is Misreading Judas by Robert Wahler.

The Ideas Are Like Sperms.

Use this philosophy forum to discuss and debate general philosophy topics that don't fit into one of the other categories.

This forum is NOT for factual, informational or scientific questions about philosophy (e.g. "What year was Socrates born?"); such homework-help-style questions can be asked and answered on PhiloPedia: The Philosophy Wiki. If your question is not already answered on the appropriate PhiloPedia page, then see How to Request Content on PhiloPedia to see how to ask your informational question using the wiki.
LindaPeterson
New Trial Member

The Ideas Are Like Sperms.

Post by LindaPeterson » December 13th, 2018, 9:55 am

The sperms are deposited in the vagina of the females during a process called as copulation. Most of them will never reach the ovum. Our mind is like ovum for reproduction of ideas. Our imagination produce a lot of ideas, most of them will never reach the mind.

Hereandnow
Favorite Philosopher: the moon and the stars

Re: The Ideas Are Like Sperms.

Post by Hereandnow » December 13th, 2018, 7:00 pm

Go further still: once a sperm finds the egg its contents are privileged over others, it is "seminal" as ideas can be, spawning others to be the same, a creation in its own image, and eventually, after it has spilled itself into the society of thoughts, its DNA becomes law as others conform to it. Or: it rises to influence, but perishes, repressed and forgotten.
A mind is a garrison, and all about the strewn remains of failed attempts. But those seminal few who are garrisoned hold the fort, waiting for a revolution.

ktz
Favorite Philosopher: Habermas

Post by ktz » December 13th, 2018, 8:22 pm

Sure OP, and in addition to what H&N said, check out the title of a famous 1956 work on brainwashing techniques: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joost_Mee ... f_the_Mind

Though I'm a bit glad that Freud has fallen out of fashion, seeing as what I imagine he might have to say about our participation in a thread like this.
You may have a heart of gold, but so does a hard-boiled egg.

h_k_s
Favorite Philosopher: Aristotle

Post by h_k_s » December 13th, 2018, 9:58 pm

LindaPeterson wrote:
December 13th, 2018, 9:55 am
The sperms are deposited in the vagina of the females during a process called as copulation. Most of them will never reach the ovum. Our mind is like ovum for reproduction of ideas. Our imagination produce a lot of ideas, most of them will never reach the mind.
New lady new post.

The last lady that I knew of who was obsessed with spermatozoon and ovum eggs could not stop talking about it the whole date long.

It really put me off. I never asked her out again. Too aggressive.

I heard she later died single and a virgin.

h_k_s

Post by h_k_s » December 13th, 2018, 10:02 pm

ktz wrote:
December 13th, 2018, 8:22 pm
Sure OP, and in addition to what H&N said, check out the title of a famous 1956 work on brainwashing techniques: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joost_Mee ... f_the_Mind

Though I'm a bit glad that Freud has fallen out of fashion, seeing as what I imagine he might have to say about our participation in a thread like this.
Excellent citation on brainwashing.

I always point out that virtually everyone on the Earth has been brainwashed since birth first by their parents, then teachers, then friends and neighbors, then ministers, then employers, then government … until they get to the point were they cannot possible think for themselves.

h_k_s

Post by h_k_s » December 13th, 2018, 10:04 pm

I can see where a female philosopher might analogize ideas with spermatozoon.

I myself on the other hand see ideas like the shot in a wad (no pun intended) of buckshot … some of which hit the target and others which do not.

I guess it all depends on where you are coming from (no pun intended).

Scott
Site Admin
Favorite Philosopher: Diogenes the Cynic

Post by Scott » December 14th, 2018, 12:22 pm

I have locked this topic because I believe it does not adhere to H.4. of the Forum Rules.
Online Philosophy Club - Please tell me how to improve this website!

Check it out: Abortion - Not as diametrically divisive as often thought?

LuckyR

Post by LuckyR » December 15th, 2018, 4:36 am

h_k_s wrote:
December 13th, 2018, 10:02 pm
ktz wrote:
December 13th, 2018, 8:22 pm

Excellent citation on brainwashing.

I always point out that virtually everyone on the Earth has been brainwashed since birth first by their parents, then teachers, then friends and neighbors, then ministers, then employers, then government … until they get to the point were they cannot possible think for themselves.
Interesting, two questions : 1- can you think for yourself? 2- what is your secret for accomplishing question 1?
"As usual... it depends."