If You had the Power of God, How would you change the World?

Chat about anything your heart desires here, just be civil. Factual or scientific questions about philosophy go here (e.g. "When was Socrates born?"), and so most homework help questions belong here. Note, posts in the off-topic section will not increase new members post counts. This includes the introductions and feedback sections.
MAYA EL

Re: If You had the Power of God, How would you change the World?

Post by MAYA EL »

UniversalAlien wrote: March 16th, 2019, 4:05 am For one day I will give you the power to be almighty God - You will have every power you can possibly imagine

- You will be capable of changing the World to what you think it should be - Yes, you :!:

Now what will you do with this superhuman power :?:

Think about it and please respond - This may be a once in an eon chance for a Human to play God.

Tell me Human - What will you do with your new superpower :?:

How will you change the World :?:

The World is now yours Human - How will change it :?:

Can you shed some light for the World :?:

You are an intelligent being Human, true :?:

What is ironic ( and this is partly due to the fall of Man)
Is you do have all these traits and abilities you just are unaware of them and how they work. We think so ignorantly of ourselves and we are so gullible we have convinced ourselves the Being Human as well being human when the truth is we are more powerful than the Gods spoken of in history because we created them. But one day man will reunite his consciousness and no longer being a fallen state and will understand his position in this realm.
UniversalAlien

Post by UniversalAlien »

MAYA EL wrote: May 7th, 2019, 7:07 pm
UniversalAlien wrote: March 16th, 2019, 4:05 am For one day I will give you the power to be almighty God - You will have every power you can possibly imagine

- You will be capable of changing the World to what you think it should be - Yes, you :!:

Now what will you do with this superhuman power :?:

Think about it and please respond - This may be a once in an eon chance for a Human to play God.

Tell me Human - What will you do with your new superpower :?:

How will you change the World :?:

The World is now yours Human - How will change it :?:

Can you shed some light for the World :?:

You are an intelligent being Human, true :?:

Is you do have all these traits and abilities you just are unaware of them and how they work. We think so ignorantly of ourselves and we are so gullible we have convinced ourselves the Being Human as well being human when the truth is we are more powerful than the Gods spoken of in history because we created them. But one day man will reunite his consciousness and no longer being a fallen state and will understand his position in this realm.

That sounds reasonable.

But consider this - There are many, many people, call them 'conspiracy nuts' if you want, who believe there
is an elite ruling class, usually related to wealth and power, who already, and for a long time, have ruled,
or at least attempted to rule Man, regardless of country, religion, or ethnic origin - And they do it with
impunity - With their self interests, and the interests of whoever they represent, coming first.

I used to study these conspiracy theories and found there is a least some truth in many of them
- This group, or groups, think they have some pre-ordained right to rule.

And maybe they do - BUT seems to me they are doing a poor job of it
- They have yet to learn to play the God game on the Human level.
MAYA EL

Post by MAYA EL »

Yes I have studied this Theory before and like you said I found there'd be some truth in it. However things aren't usually as simplistic as they seem at face value and everyone seems to assume that these kingpins don't do a very good job because of all the chaos in the world but as Alan Watts would say only through chaos can there be order

and perhaps the product that is being churned out of this Factory we call the world it's something we are unaware of.

I do know that the people pushing the buttons and pulling the triggers in this world are "positive good people" with good intentions and are not "negative people" now this may sound crazy but in this world man kind has a terrible tendency to externalized everything and always point the finger. Have you noticed how everyone always points to the other guys the bad guy? This is because everybody is under the illusion that they are the good guy and have justify their actions meanwhile on the other side of the planet the "bad guy" is justifying his actions and pointing at who he calls the bad guy and so on and so forth. Perhaps the imagination of man is just playing tricks on us and making us think there is a Dr evel when we're both ?. We may never know
LuckyR

Post by LuckyR »

UniversalAlien wrote: May 8th, 2019, 5:29 am
MAYA EL wrote: May 7th, 2019, 7:07 pm

That sounds reasonable.

But consider this - There are many, many people, call them 'conspiracy nuts' if you want, who believe there
is an elite ruling class, usually related to wealth and power, who already, and for a long time, have ruled,
or at least attempted to rule Man, regardless of country, religion, or ethnic origin - And they do it with
impunity - With their self interests, and the interests of whoever they represent, coming first.

I used to study these conspiracy theories and found there is a least some truth in many of them
- This group, or groups, think they have some pre-ordained right to rule.

And maybe they do - BUT seems to me they are doing a poor job of it
- They have yet to learn to play the God game on the Human level.
You can call it "truth" in the sense that there is a real (and growing) power and wealth imbalance. However the intentions of the rich and powerful are not secret or arcane. Merely the simplistic and selfish acquisition of more power and wealth. Not dissimilar to the grade school playground, just on a bigger scale.
"As usual... it depends."
Sy Borg
Site Admin

Post by Sy Borg »

Lone Wolf wrote: April 20th, 2019, 11:30 pm I would do what I believe God is doing. That is He is just sitting back and watching to see how long it will take man to destroy himself. Not being either an atheist or pantheist, but believing He is contained in all creation, it could be that He is waiting to see if the earth will rebel against the damage man is doing to it.
A strange way to look at the world, as if humans were a panspermic parasite.

Humans are animals, evolved from other hominids, as much a part of the Earth as any other. Like the blue-green algae and the trilobites and the dinosaurs before us, we have qualities that give us an advantage over competing life forms. The algae's trick was cycling oxygen, the trilobites were the first animals with clear vision, dinos were the most weaponised creatures, and humans are the first animals able to perceive the broad passage of time (and plan accordingly).

Like blue-green algae, we are change agents of the Earth, not parasites or cancers. Like all creatures, we are developing that which will eventually replace us after we go extinct. None of this is Man's doing, not even Woman's, but the Earth's doing. We are not in control and we never have been, not en masse. Not ever, not in any time in history. At all times humans have effectively been led by the nose by the Earth - by environment - from day one. This is what the Earth is doing, not people.

All we can do is try to slow the change, to soften the blow of this reformation. Sadly, those holding the reigns are not the same as those impacted by environmental neglect. So, to start with, if I controlled everything I'd want humans to respect all life rather than treat it like nothing.
MAYA EL

Post by MAYA EL »

I think (bassed off of what I have observed throughout my life) that the world and is controlled by the joined efforts of each individual spirit/ soul / consciousness what ever you like to call it. And that reality is subject to the controlling belief of mankind. and i feel we do not get reincarnated because we only live ones and that makes each individual unique and important and this is also why you know you are you and don't share one conscious mind with the world but merely just a link in the subconscious .
The fall of man that is spoken about all across the world throughout history I believe was when we forgot who and why we are and because of this we became fixated on the past and future and in doing so dont live in the now which is the only one out of the 3 that's actually real . We look outwardly for a God when he is in us (not all is one) all the killings and the religious justifications made by man to feel satisfaction and or less guilt about what he has done were still said/ acted upon by man . All the things that have ever happened in this world were by the hand of man pretending to be obeying a God. So you are God and you do possess his power you are just in a fallen mindset.
UniversalAlien

Post by UniversalAlien »

Greta wrote:
........ Like blue-green algae, we are change agents of the Earth, not parasites or cancers. Like all creatures, we are developing that which will eventually replace us after we go extinct. None of this is Man's doing, not even Woman's, but the Earth's doing. We are not in control and we never have been, not en masse. Not ever, not in any time in history. At all times humans have effectively been led by the nose by the Earth - by environment - from day one. This is what the Earth is doing, not people. ........
Much truth to that - But maybe that is the problem.

Shouldn't Man be more than just a reaction to his environment? - Isn't it time for the species Man to evolve
to a higher state of being - to seize control of the environment and direct its Evolution into a higher state?

Isn't it time for Man to stop debating whether or not a god or gods created and/or control his destiny?

Isn't it time for Man to be the God of his wildest imagination and reach out into the vastness of the Universe
and explore its and his unlimited potential :idea:
Felix

Post by Felix »

UniversalAlien "Shouldn't Man be more than just a reaction to his environment? - Isn't it time for the species Man to evolve to a higher state of being - to seize control of the environment and direct its Evolution into a higher state?"

Attemping to "seize control" of our environment is reactionary, we have seen where that leads. The path of wisdom is in harmonizing with the environment, which is not and has never been "ours," we are at best it's stewards, and at worst its dominators. But as you've suggested, man will have to collectively evolve to a higher state of consciousness to realize that harmony.... we shall see.
"We do not see things as they are; we see things as we are." - Anaïs Nin
Sy Borg
Site Admin

Post by Sy Borg »

UniversalAlien wrote: May 10th, 2019, 6:35 am Greta wrote:
........ Like blue-green algae, we are change agents of the Earth, not parasites or cancers. Like all creatures, we are developing that which will eventually replace us after we go extinct. None of this is Man's doing, not even Woman's, but the Earth's doing. We are not in control and we never have been, not en masse. Not ever, not in any time in history. At all times humans have effectively been led by the nose by the Earth - by environment - from day one. This is what the Earth is doing, not people. ........
Much truth to that - But maybe that is the problem.

Shouldn't Man be more than just a reaction to his environment? - Isn't it time for the species Man to evolve
to a higher state of being - to seize control of the environment and direct its Evolution into a higher state?

Isn't it time for Man to stop debating whether or not a god or gods created and/or control his destiny?

Isn't it time for Man to be the God of his wildest imagination and reach out into the vastness of the Universe
and explore its and his unlimited potential :idea:
Not possible, UA. It's like your left hand deciding to take control over its own destiny. It's part of a system. Humanity's wildest imagination IS the Earth's (actually the Sun's) wildest imagination. We are each very temporary and tiny bumps in the surface of the Earth.

What can reach out to space (barring badly timed asteroids or supervolcanoes) is inorganic machine intelligence. Water and carbon-based organisms cannot thrive away from their home planet due to lack of air, coldness, aridness, isolation, radiation, lack of gravity, EM fields and micro-asteroids.

The hungry, growth-oriented caterpillar will have to give way to the reproduction-focused butterfly to impregnate other worlds, so to speak.
UniversalAlien

Post by UniversalAlien »

Greta wrote:
Not possible, UA...........
But remember in this hypothesis I've granted you 'the Power of God" - Therefor the word impossible does not
exist - If the billions, or is it now trillions, of galaxies that they say exist really exist - In the past they would
have said IMPOSSIBLE - That past is over - Man in this New Dawn must face an existent state where the only
thing not understood is impossible - The Mythical God of antiquity is always present, even if only as a reflection - You can not, and should
not, deny this Universe - Where "anything is possible but nothing is certain" {a quote from an old occult book
I once found as a used and rare book dealer supposedly attributed to 'The Great White Brotherhood of the
Himalayas" {white probably referring to form of magic}

But I know many still claim philosophical atheism - But this is not understood by a universe that, if nothing else, IS pure intelligence.

“Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.”

― Albert Einstein
Sy Borg
Site Admin

Post by Sy Borg »

UA, while I said that it wasn't possible for biology, biology is not the be-all-and-end-all. Any future AI will be as much like humans as we humans are like other apes, ie. very similar in most ways but with some significant differences.

What is artificial intelligence but the compressed and rationalised intelligence of Earth creatures thus far? What else can it be? Any AI that goes out into space in the far future to settle elsewhere will still be Earthlings.

BTW, if the universe is pure intelligence, then it's doing a bloody dog's breakfast of a job. What an insane system - for almost every being to necessarily suffer horribly at some stage. Thanos seems to have the right idea, where death is not some tortuous long haul or sudden fear and pain, but you simply disappear. A better way to go than most. Still, if I had universal superpowers, I'd have to ask smarter people than myself to advise because I might do a short-sighted fix with unforeseen long term consequences.

The universe logically can't be pure intelligence, UA (have you been listening to John Hagelin?). If the universe is like any of its constituent forms, from galaxies to microbes, then it's hardly going to be born with its complete mature faculties, is it? No, whatever intelligence the universe gains will gradually emerge from the chaos of its youth. Still, like everything else, the universe will probably always be a mix of chaos and intelligence to some extent. To that end, as far as I can tell, the idea is to put yourself in situations that are not so ordered as to be stultifying but not so chaotic as to be hazardous.
Felix

Post by Felix »

Greta: "What is artificial intelligence but the compressed and rationalised intelligence of Earth creatures thus far?'

It is certainly not that, but merely a function of one particular facet of man's intelligence, his analytical ability, which is the victim of it's own limitations.

"Any AI that goes out into space in the far future to settle elsewhere will still be Earthlings."

If they are no more evolved than the current human petrie dish culture, they will just be a virulently contagious disease.

"if the universe is pure intelligence, then it's doing a bloody dog's breakfast of a job."

Independant laboratory analysis has revealed that it contains a high volume of impurities which evolutionary filters are purportly designed to filter out - eventually anyway. Stay tuned.
"We do not see things as they are; we see things as we are." - Anaïs Nin
Sy Borg
Site Admin

Post by Sy Borg »

Greta: "What is artificial intelligence but the compressed and rationalised intelligence of Earth creatures thus far?'
Felix wrote: May 12th, 2019, 4:31 pmIt is certainly not that, but merely a function of one particular facet of man's intelligence, his analytical ability, which is the victim of it's own limitations.
Where did man's intelligence come from - it stemmed from our evolutionary history. Every animal's mind is a reflection of the Earth, H. sapiens too. It's not a reflection of the Moon, Mars or Alpha Centauri, is it?

And the human mind is built upon the minds of mammals, chordates, upon the qualities of all multicellular life, more broadly on unicellular life, right? It's not built upon a base of alien beings. Ultimately we reflect the nature of the Earth - because we have no choice, there is nothing else whose nature's we even know, let alone can reflect.

The qualities gained along the way of humanity's evolutionary history are not lost but, as I say, rationalised.

You suggest that AI will only ever have the potential to reflect one facet of humanity's analytical abilities. That's today's situation, and today's situation is rapidly changing. Remember, the US is not the vanguard any more so we can assume that, whatever we are told these days is behind the cutting edge. While the Confederates are getting restless in the US, China is pulling ahead (since they don't have a huge and well-resources anti-science faction holding them back) and their advances are not always being reported in the west.

By the time we humans can no longer live on a stripped Earth, you'd expect AI to be highly advanced and capable of self-support and self-improvement in the absence of humans. So, when we are gone, they will take the baton, so to speak. Further, what they do will reflect humanity (and the Earth) as surely as we reflect other apes.

Moi: "Any AI that goes out into space in the far future to settle elsewhere will still be Earthlings."
Felix wrote: May 12th, 2019, 4:31 pmIf they are no more evolved than the current human petrie dish culture, they will just be a virulently contagious disease.
A terrible thing that robots from Earth might start new civilisations on previously barren planets. Stop those parasites! No, they're viruses! We must start a campaign to save our surrounding planets and moons from Earth contagion!

Felix wrote: May 12th, 2019, 4:31 pmIndependant laboratory analysis has revealed that it contains a high volume of impurities which evolutionary filters are purportly designed to filter out - eventually anyway. Stay tuned.
The universe? Sorry, I don't understand.
UniversalAlien

Post by UniversalAlien »

Greta replying to Felix:
Felix wrote: ↑Today, 12:31 pm
Independent laboratory analysis has revealed that it contains a high volume of impurities which evolutionary filters are purportedly designed to filter out - eventually anyway. Stay tuned.

The universe? Sorry, I don't understand.
In my hypothetical paradigm of a universe under the auspices of a higher order of intelligence there is a 'godlike' intelligence that is influencing if not actually designing all that occurs - But he's a gambler - nothing is written in stone
- The outcome is unknown - But like the universe and existence itself, it is designed to never end.

That Evolution is fact is not questionable - What is questionable is anti-god, anti-religious, atheists who detest the concept Of an intelligent order backing existence and Evolution. {Yes, there are at lest a few Atheists who disagree , a few that actually believe in ID.}

I'll accept, as some atheist have told me - Atheism only questions and denies the existence of 'A Creator' or 'The Creator'
- since no one really knows what that really means - I can live with that.

But design and order in not a fantasy of Intelligent Design proponents - It is Science !

Therefor Evolution is not survival of the fittest for no reason whatsoever - Evolution is an active principle of an advancing intelligence predestined to rule and control the Universe :idea:

“As a man who has devoted his whole life to the most clearheaded science, to the study of matter, I can tell you as a result of my research about the atoms this much: There is no matter as such! All matter originates and exists only by virtue of a force which brings the particles of an atom to vibration and holds this most minute solar system of the atom together. . . . We must assume behind this force the existence of a conscious and intelligent Mind. This Mind is the matrix of all matter.”
― Max Planck, The New Science
MAYA EL

Post by MAYA EL »

UniversalAlien wrote: May 12th, 2019, 12:12 am Greta wrote:
Not possible, UA...........
But remember in this hypothesis I've granted you 'the Power of God" - Therefor the word impossible does not
exist - If the billions, or is it now trillions, of galaxies that they say exist really exist - In the past they would
have said IMPOSSIBLE - That past is over - Man in this New Dawn must face an existent state where the only
thing not understood is impossible - The Mythical God of antiquity is always present, even if only as a reflection - You can not, and should
not, deny this Universe - Where "anything is possible but nothing is certain" {a quote from an old occult book
I once found as a used and rare book dealer supposedly attributed to 'The Great White Brotherhood of the
Himalayas" {white probably referring to form of magic}

But I know many still claim philosophical atheism - But this is not understood by a universe that, if nothing else, IS pure intelligence.

“Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.”

― Albert Einstein

That book fascinates me do you know if they still make it? Reason I say that is I've come up with a hypothesis about life and it seems that it might be in the same track that they're talking about and I would love to research it further

Return to “Philosophers' Lounge”

2024 Philosophy Books of the Month

Launchpad Republic: America's Entrepreneurial Edge and Why It Matters

Launchpad Republic: America's Entrepreneurial Edge and Why It Matters
by Howard Wolk
July 2024

Quest: Finding Freddie: Reflections from the Other Side

Quest: Finding Freddie: Reflections from the Other Side
by Thomas Richard Spradlin
June 2024

Neither Safe Nor Effective

Neither Safe Nor Effective
by Dr. Colleen Huber
May 2024

Now or Never

Now or Never
by Mary Wasche
April 2024

Meditations

Meditations
by Marcus Aurelius
March 2024

Beyond the Golden Door: Seeing the American Dream Through an Immigrant's Eyes

Beyond the Golden Door: Seeing the American Dream Through an Immigrant's Eyes
by Ali Master
February 2024

The In-Between: Life in the Micro

The In-Between: Life in the Micro
by Christian Espinosa
January 2024

2023 Philosophy Books of the Month

Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise

Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise
by John K Danenbarger
January 2023

Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless: Wisdom Behind the Incomparable Chicken Soup for the Soul

Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless: Wisdom Behind the Incomparable Chicken Soup for the Soul
by Mitzi Perdue
February 2023

Rediscovering the Wisdom of Human Nature: How Civilization Destroys Happiness

Rediscovering the Wisdom of Human Nature: How Civilization Destroys Happiness
by Chet Shupe
March 2023

The Unfakeable Code®

The Unfakeable Code®
by Tony Jeton Selimi
April 2023

The Book: On the Taboo Against Knowing Who You Are

The Book: On the Taboo Against Knowing Who You Are
by Alan Watts
May 2023

Killing Abel

Killing Abel
by Michael Tieman
June 2023

Reconfigurement: Reconfiguring Your Life at Any Stage and Planning Ahead

Reconfigurement: Reconfiguring Your Life at Any Stage and Planning Ahead
by E. Alan Fleischauer
July 2023

First Survivor: The Impossible Childhood Cancer Breakthrough

First Survivor: The Impossible Childhood Cancer Breakthrough
by Mark Unger
August 2023

Predictably Irrational

Predictably Irrational
by Dan Ariely
September 2023

Artwords

Artwords
by Beatriz M. Robles
November 2023

Fireproof Happiness: Extinguishing Anxiety & Igniting Hope

Fireproof Happiness: Extinguishing Anxiety & Igniting Hope
by Dr. Randy Ross
December 2023

2022 Philosophy Books of the Month

Emotional Intelligence At Work

Emotional Intelligence At Work
by Richard M Contino & Penelope J Holt
January 2022

Free Will, Do You Have It?

Free Will, Do You Have It?
by Albertus Kral
February 2022

My Enemy in Vietnam

My Enemy in Vietnam
by Billy Springer
March 2022

2X2 on the Ark

2X2 on the Ark
by Mary J Giuffra, PhD
April 2022

The Maestro Monologue

The Maestro Monologue
by Rob White
May 2022

What Makes America Great

What Makes America Great
by Bob Dowell
June 2022

The Truth Is Beyond Belief!

The Truth Is Beyond Belief!
by Jerry Durr
July 2022

Living in Color

Living in Color
by Mike Murphy
August 2022 (tentative)

The Not So Great American Novel

The Not So Great American Novel
by James E Doucette
September 2022

Mary Jane Whiteley Coggeshall, Hicksite Quaker, Iowa/National Suffragette And Her Speeches

Mary Jane Whiteley Coggeshall, Hicksite Quaker, Iowa/National Suffragette And Her Speeches
by John N. (Jake) Ferris
October 2022

In It Together: The Beautiful Struggle Uniting Us All

In It Together: The Beautiful Struggle Uniting Us All
by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
November 2022

The Smartest Person in the Room: The Root Cause and New Solution for Cybersecurity

The Smartest Person in the Room
by Christian Espinosa
December 2022

2021 Philosophy Books of the Month

The Biblical Clock: The Untold Secrets Linking the Universe and Humanity with God's Plan

The Biblical Clock
by Daniel Friedmann
March 2021

Wilderness Cry: A Scientific and Philosophical Approach to Understanding God and the Universe

Wilderness Cry
by Dr. Hilary L Hunt M.D.
April 2021

Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute: Tools To Spark Your Dream And Ignite Your Follow-Through

Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute
by Jeff Meyer
May 2021

Surviving the Business of Healthcare: Knowledge is Power

Surviving the Business of Healthcare
by Barbara Galutia Regis M.S. PA-C
June 2021

Winning the War on Cancer: The Epic Journey Towards a Natural Cure

Winning the War on Cancer
by Sylvie Beljanski
July 2021

Defining Moments of a Free Man from a Black Stream