Space, Time, and Paradoxes

Discuss any topics related to metaphysics (the philosophical study of the principles of reality) or epistemology (the philosophical study of knowledge) in this forum.
Post Reply
User avatar
Terrapin Station
Posts: 3367
Joined: August 23rd, 2016, 3:00 pm
Favorite Philosopher: Bertrand Russell and WVO Quine
Location: NYC Man

Re: Space, Time, and Paradoxes

Post by Terrapin Station » May 17th, 2020, 8:34 am

evolution wrote:
May 16th, 2020, 7:39 pm

What is the difference if it was or was not in a single dictionary's different incompatible definitions?
There's a very obvious difference. What were the conditions that I specified?

evolution
Posts: 419
Joined: April 19th, 2020, 6:20 am

Re: Space, Time, and Paradoxes

Post by evolution » May 17th, 2020, 11:22 pm

Terrapin Station wrote:
May 17th, 2020, 8:34 am
evolution wrote:
May 16th, 2020, 7:39 pm

What is the difference if it was or was not in a single dictionary's different incompatible definitions?
There's a very obvious difference. What were the conditions that I specified?
I do not recall. What were the conditions that you specified?

User avatar
Terrapin Station
Posts: 3367
Joined: August 23rd, 2016, 3:00 pm
Favorite Philosopher: Bertrand Russell and WVO Quine
Location: NYC Man

Re: Space, Time, and Paradoxes

Post by Terrapin Station » May 18th, 2020, 9:49 am

evolution wrote:
May 17th, 2020, 11:22 pm
Terrapin Station wrote:
May 17th, 2020, 8:34 am


There's a very obvious difference. What were the conditions that I specified?
I do not recall. What were the conditions that you specified?
Why am I supposed to Google stuff but you can't even be arsed to look at an earlier post that contains requirements for a challenge you're supposedly meeting?

evolution
Posts: 419
Joined: April 19th, 2020, 6:20 am

Re: Space, Time, and Paradoxes

Post by evolution » May 18th, 2020, 6:25 pm

Terrapin Station wrote:
May 18th, 2020, 9:49 am
evolution wrote:
May 17th, 2020, 11:22 pm


I do not recall. What were the conditions that you specified?
Why am I supposed to Google stuff but you can't even be arsed to look at an earlier post that contains requirements for a challenge you're supposedly meeting?
Why do my answers get misinterpreted so often?

You do not have to google stuff. Why do you think or feel that you are supposed to google stuff?

You asked me a very simple specific clarifying question, so I just provided you with a very simple specific clarifying answer. How and why then did this get so misinterpreted?

Now, the reason that I could not be arsed to look at an earlier post is because I have no real interest in this. And, if you do not want to repeat your own requirements sought, then that obviously leads to the fact that you have no real interest in this either.

User avatar
Terrapin Station
Posts: 3367
Joined: August 23rd, 2016, 3:00 pm
Favorite Philosopher: Bertrand Russell and WVO Quine
Location: NYC Man

Re: Space, Time, and Paradoxes

Post by Terrapin Station » May 18th, 2020, 6:52 pm

evolution wrote:
May 18th, 2020, 6:25 pm
Now, the reason that I could not be arsed to look at an earlier post is because I have no real interest in this.
So there's no reason to walk you through it then. Talk to me about something you have an interest in.

evolution
Posts: 419
Joined: April 19th, 2020, 6:20 am

Re: Space, Time, and Paradoxes

Post by evolution » May 18th, 2020, 11:03 pm

Terrapin Station wrote:
May 18th, 2020, 6:52 pm
evolution wrote:
May 18th, 2020, 6:25 pm
Now, the reason that I could not be arsed to look at an earlier post is because I have no real interest in this.
So there's no reason to walk you through it then. Talk to me about something you have an interest in.
Are you interested in learning how a Truly peaceful world for EVERY one can be cared, very easily and very simply? If yes, then I am very interested in discussing this.

User avatar
Terrapin Station
Posts: 3367
Joined: August 23rd, 2016, 3:00 pm
Favorite Philosopher: Bertrand Russell and WVO Quine
Location: NYC Man

Re: Space, Time, and Paradoxes

Post by Terrapin Station » May 19th, 2020, 7:12 am

evolution wrote:
May 18th, 2020, 11:03 pm
Terrapin Station wrote:
May 18th, 2020, 6:52 pm


So there's no reason to walk you through it then. Talk to me about something you have an interest in.
Are you interested in learning how a Truly peaceful world for EVERY one can be cared, very easily and very simply? If yes, then I am very interested in discussing this.
So that tells me that you're focusing on hypotheticals, not what things are like at the moment. I wasn't talking about hypotheticals when I commented that money is required. I was talking about the fact that as things are at this very moment, not everyone can just squat in some property, not everyone can just steal food, and they won't all just be given it for free, etc. Many things would need to be different than they are at this moment for money to not be necessary.

evolution
Posts: 419
Joined: April 19th, 2020, 6:20 am

Re: Space, Time, and Paradoxes

Post by evolution » May 19th, 2020, 7:26 am

Terrapin Station wrote:
May 19th, 2020, 7:12 am
evolution wrote:
May 18th, 2020, 11:03 pm


Are you interested in learning how a Truly peaceful world for EVERY one can be cared, very easily and very simply? If yes, then I am very interested in discussing this.
So that tells me that you're focusing on hypotheticals, not what things are like at the moment.


Call any 'thing', anything you like.

You can also assume anything you like, but this does not mean that it is actually true at all.

I AM talking about what things are like at this moment. You just cannot yet comprehend what this 'moment' actually IS, from my perspective.
Terrapin Station wrote:
May 19th, 2020, 7:12 am
I wasn't talking about hypotheticals when I commented that money is required.
You also were not looking at and talking about thee True, Big, and Full picture either, which is what I am saying, meaning, and talking about.

You were, instead, looking from a very narrowed view of things and were talking from that perspective only.
Terrapin Station wrote:
May 19th, 2020, 7:12 am
I wasn't talking about hypotheticals when I commented that money is required.
I was not talking about a hypothetical either.
Terrapin Station wrote:
May 19th, 2020, 7:12 am
I was talking about the fact that as things are at this very moment, not everyone can just squat in some property, not everyone can just steal food, and they won't all just be given it for free, etc. Many things would need to be different than they are at this moment for money to not be necessary.

Once again, an extremely narrow view of things.

I am talking about human beings do not need money to live. But, unfortunately, you are unable to see this fact, with and from your very limited field of view of things.

I have also asked you some clarifying questions, which you have, once again, completely failed to answer and clarify. Obviously what you are talking about has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING AT ALL to do with what I actually said, and actually meant. So, once again, if you want to go down some completely off topic path from what I brought up, then so be it. As I said, you will be on your own.

User avatar
Terrapin Station
Posts: 3367
Joined: August 23rd, 2016, 3:00 pm
Favorite Philosopher: Bertrand Russell and WVO Quine
Location: NYC Man

Re: Space, Time, and Paradoxes

Post by Terrapin Station » May 19th, 2020, 7:31 am

evolution wrote:
May 19th, 2020, 7:26 am
Terrapin Station wrote:
May 19th, 2020, 7:12 am


So that tells me that you're focusing on hypotheticals, not what things are like at the moment.


Call any 'thing', anything you like.

You can also assume anything you like, but this does not mean that it is actually true at all.

I AM talking about what things are like at this moment. You just cannot yet comprehend what this 'moment' actually IS, from my perspective.
Terrapin Station wrote:
May 19th, 2020, 7:12 am
I wasn't talking about hypotheticals when I commented that money is required.
You also were not looking at and talking about thee True, Big, and Full picture either, which is what I am saying, meaning, and talking about.

You were, instead, looking from a very narrowed view of things and were talking from that perspective only.
Terrapin Station wrote:
May 19th, 2020, 7:12 am
I wasn't talking about hypotheticals when I commented that money is required.
I was not talking about a hypothetical either.
Terrapin Station wrote:
May 19th, 2020, 7:12 am
I was talking about the fact that as things are at this very moment, not everyone can just squat in some property, not everyone can just steal food, and they won't all just be given it for free, etc. Many things would need to be different than they are at this moment for money to not be necessary.

Once again, an extremely narrow view of things.

I am talking about human beings do not need money to live. But, unfortunately, you are unable to see this fact, with and from your very limited field of view of things.

I have also asked you some clarifying questions, which you have, once again, completely failed to answer and clarify. Obviously what you are talking about has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING AT ALL to do with what I actually said, and actually meant. So, once again, if you want to go down some completely off topic path from what I brought up, then so be it. As I said, you will be on your own.
You could be using words in a way that doesn't at all resemble their conventional usage, sure (re "moment," for example), but that would be your problem, not mine, especially when it comes to reading what other folks write.

evolution
Posts: 419
Joined: April 19th, 2020, 6:20 am

Re: Space, Time, and Paradoxes

Post by evolution » May 19th, 2020, 7:35 am

Terrapin Station wrote:
May 19th, 2020, 7:31 am
evolution wrote:
May 19th, 2020, 7:26 am


Call any 'thing', anything you like.

You can also assume anything you like, but this does not mean that it is actually true at all.

I AM talking about what things are like at this moment. You just cannot yet comprehend what this 'moment' actually IS, from my perspective.



You also were not looking at and talking about thee True, Big, and Full picture either, which is what I am saying, meaning, and talking about.

You were, instead, looking from a very narrowed view of things and were talking from that perspective only.



I was not talking about a hypothetical either.




Once again, an extremely narrow view of things.

I am talking about human beings do not need money to live. But, unfortunately, you are unable to see this fact, with and from your very limited field of view of things.

I have also asked you some clarifying questions, which you have, once again, completely failed to answer and clarify. Obviously what you are talking about has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING AT ALL to do with what I actually said, and actually meant. So, once again, if you want to go down some completely off topic path from what I brought up, then so be it. As I said, you will be on your own.
You could be using words in a way that doesn't at all resemble their conventional usage, sure (re "moment," for example), but that would be your problem, not mine, especially when it comes to reading what other folks write.
But I am having NO problem at all here. I understand FULLY what you are so desperately 'trying to' get to.

Are you forgetting that it is you who is completely unable to see and understand what I am talking about and meaning?

User avatar
Terrapin Station
Posts: 3367
Joined: August 23rd, 2016, 3:00 pm
Favorite Philosopher: Bertrand Russell and WVO Quine
Location: NYC Man

Re: Space, Time, and Paradoxes

Post by Terrapin Station » May 19th, 2020, 7:43 am

evolution wrote:
May 19th, 2020, 7:35 am
Terrapin Station wrote:
May 19th, 2020, 7:31 am


You could be using words in a way that doesn't at all resemble their conventional usage, sure (re "moment," for example), but that would be your problem, not mine, especially when it comes to reading what other folks write.
But I am having NO problem at all here. I understand FULLY what you are so desperately 'trying to' get to.

Are you forgetting that it is you who is completely unable to see and understand what I am talking about and meaning?
You could assume that, but should you?

evolution
Posts: 419
Joined: April 19th, 2020, 6:20 am

Re: Space, Time, and Paradoxes

Post by evolution » May 20th, 2020, 8:55 pm

Terrapin Station wrote:
May 19th, 2020, 7:43 am
evolution wrote:
May 19th, 2020, 7:35 am


But I am having NO problem at all here. I understand FULLY what you are so desperately 'trying to' get to.

Are you forgetting that it is you who is completely unable to see and understand what I am talking about and meaning?
You could assume that, but should you?
But, if it is true and correct, then it is not an assumption.

User avatar
Terrapin Station
Posts: 3367
Joined: August 23rd, 2016, 3:00 pm
Favorite Philosopher: Bertrand Russell and WVO Quine
Location: NYC Man

Re: Space, Time, and Paradoxes

Post by Terrapin Station » May 21st, 2020, 9:41 am

evolution wrote:
May 20th, 2020, 8:55 pm
Terrapin Station wrote:
May 19th, 2020, 7:43 am


You could assume that, but should you?
But, if it is true and correct, then it is not an assumption.
I already PROVED that it was YOUR assumption.

evolution
Posts: 419
Joined: April 19th, 2020, 6:20 am

Re: Space, Time, and Paradoxes

Post by evolution » May 22nd, 2020, 12:51 am

Terrapin Station wrote:
May 21st, 2020, 9:41 am
evolution wrote:
May 20th, 2020, 8:55 pm


But, if it is true and correct, then it is not an assumption.
I already PROVED that it was YOUR assumption.
I must of MISSED IT.

Where did you supposedly "PROVE" this? And, what was the 'assumption' exactly, which you supposedly "PROVED".

User avatar
Sculptor1
Posts: 1939
Joined: May 16th, 2019, 5:35 am

Re: Space, Time, and Paradoxes

Post by Sculptor1 » May 22nd, 2020, 5:37 am

Terrapin Station wrote:
May 21st, 2020, 9:41 am
evolution wrote:
May 20th, 2020, 8:55 pm


But, if it is true and correct, then it is not an assumption.
I already PROVED that it was YOUR assumption.

I think you will find that talking to 'evolution', is a bit like talking to a fish.
He's already forgotten the point you say was his assumption.

Post Reply