Space, Time, and Paradoxes

Discuss any topics related to metaphysics (the philosophical study of the principles of reality) or epistemology (the philosophical study of knowledge) in this forum.
Post Reply
User avatar
Sculptor1
Posts: 1967
Joined: May 16th, 2019, 5:35 am

Re: Space, Time, and Paradoxes

Post by Sculptor1 » May 22nd, 2020, 5:40 am

evolution wrote:
May 22nd, 2020, 12:51 am
Terrapin Station wrote:
May 21st, 2020, 9:41 am


I already PROVED that it was YOUR assumption.
I must of MISSED IT.

Where did you supposedly "PROVE" this? And, what was the 'assumption' exactly, which you supposedly "PROVED".
LOL.
You already said it was "true and correct", but now you say you do not know what the "assumption" was. How do you know it was not proven, if you do not know what it was?

User avatar
Terrapin Station
Posts: 3390
Joined: August 23rd, 2016, 3:00 pm
Favorite Philosopher: Bertrand Russell and WVO Quine
Location: NYC Man

Re: Space, Time, and Paradoxes

Post by Terrapin Station » May 22nd, 2020, 6:55 am

Sculptor1 wrote:
May 22nd, 2020, 5:37 am
Terrapin Station wrote:
May 21st, 2020, 9:41 am


I already PROVED that it was YOUR assumption.

I think you will find that talking to 'evolution', is a bit like talking to a fish.
He's already forgotten the point you say was his assumption.
At this point I'm just quoting his nonsense back to him (which is what I was doing there). Until he wants to have what I consider a good faith, productive conversation, that's what I'm going to do with him.

User avatar
Terrapin Station
Posts: 3390
Joined: August 23rd, 2016, 3:00 pm
Favorite Philosopher: Bertrand Russell and WVO Quine
Location: NYC Man

Re: Space, Time, and Paradoxes

Post by Terrapin Station » May 22nd, 2020, 7:12 am

evolution wrote:
May 22nd, 2020, 12:51 am
Terrapin Station wrote:
May 21st, 2020, 9:41 am


I already PROVED that it was YOUR assumption.
I must of MISSED IT.

Where did you supposedly "PROVE" this? And, what was the 'assumption' exactly, which you supposedly "PROVED".
There is NOTHING to clean up. Therefore, you have either MISSED this, or you just want to see things from some particular perspective. You just cannot SEE, nor UNDERSTAND.

User avatar
Terrapin Station
Posts: 3390
Joined: August 23rd, 2016, 3:00 pm
Favorite Philosopher: Bertrand Russell and WVO Quine
Location: NYC Man

Re: Space, Time, and Paradoxes

Post by Terrapin Station » May 22nd, 2020, 7:13 am

Sculptor1 wrote:
May 22nd, 2020, 5:40 am
evolution wrote:
May 22nd, 2020, 12:51 am


I must of MISSED IT.

Where did you supposedly "PROVE" this? And, what was the 'assumption' exactly, which you supposedly "PROVED".
LOL.
You already said it was "true and correct", but now you say you do not know what the "assumption" was. How do you know it was not proven, if you do not know what it was?
It's interesting, by the way, that he seems to be getting more animated by responding to quotations (though not presented as such) from his own posts.

evolution
Posts: 421
Joined: April 19th, 2020, 6:20 am

Re: Space, Time, and Paradoxes

Post by evolution » May 22nd, 2020, 7:35 am

Sculptor1 wrote:
May 22nd, 2020, 5:40 am
evolution wrote:
May 22nd, 2020, 12:51 am


I must of MISSED IT.

Where did you supposedly "PROVE" this? And, what was the 'assumption' exactly, which you supposedly "PROVED".
LOL.
You already said it was "true and correct",
But what exactly did I say was 'true and correct'?

Could it have been something not what you are assuming here?
Sculptor1 wrote:
May 22nd, 2020, 5:40 am
but now you say you do not know what the "assumption" was.
Where exactly did I say I do not know what the assumption was?

If you read what I actually wrote, it was just a question, asked from a Truly OPEN perspective, just for clarification.
Sculptor1 wrote:
May 22nd, 2020, 5:40 am
How do you know it was not proven, if you do not know what it was?
But where did I say "it" was not proven?

Your Honest answers to ALL of my series of clarifying questions would be very much appreciated.

evolution
Posts: 421
Joined: April 19th, 2020, 6:20 am

Re: Space, Time, and Paradoxes

Post by evolution » May 22nd, 2020, 7:42 am

Terrapin Station wrote:
May 22nd, 2020, 6:55 am
Sculptor1 wrote:
May 22nd, 2020, 5:37 am



I think you will find that talking to 'evolution', is a bit like talking to a fish.
He's already forgotten the point you say was his assumption.
At this point I'm just quoting his nonsense back to him (which is what I was doing there). Until he wants to have what I consider a good faith, productive conversation, that's what I'm going to do with him.
Until you stop assuming what I am saying and meaning, and being wrong so often, then you will continue to get the responses that you are, which, by the way, includes answering your clarifying questions Honestly, which you appear to not even understand.

And, while you continue to not answer the actual clarifying questions I ask, then do not expect me to understand you any better.

evolution
Posts: 421
Joined: April 19th, 2020, 6:20 am

Re: Space, Time, and Paradoxes

Post by evolution » May 22nd, 2020, 7:47 am

Terrapin Station wrote:
May 22nd, 2020, 7:12 am
evolution wrote:
May 22nd, 2020, 12:51 am


I must of MISSED IT.

Where did you supposedly "PROVE" this? And, what was the 'assumption' exactly, which you supposedly "PROVED".
There is NOTHING to clean up.
Yes I KNOW there is NOTHING to "clean up", but there are OBVIOUSLY some some questions I asked for CLARIFICATION. But, if you do not want to or are not capable of clarifying these very simple questions, then so be it.
Terrapin Station wrote:
May 22nd, 2020, 7:12 am
Therefore, you have either MISSED this, or you just want to see things from some particular perspective. You just cannot SEE, nor UNDERSTAND.
Okay, if this is what you believe, then is MUST BE SO, to you.

User avatar
Sculptor1
Posts: 1967
Joined: May 16th, 2019, 5:35 am

Re: Space, Time, and Paradoxes

Post by Sculptor1 » May 22nd, 2020, 5:42 pm

evolution wrote:
May 22nd, 2020, 7:35 am
Sculptor1 wrote:
May 22nd, 2020, 5:40 am

LOL.
You already said it was "true and correct",
But what exactly did I say was 'true and correct'?
Seriously - You don't even know. This is priceless!!
{quote]

Could it have been something not what you are assuming here?
Sculptor1 wrote:
May 22nd, 2020, 5:40 am
but now you say you do not know what the "assumption" was.
Where exactly did I say I do not know what the assumption was?

If you read what I actually wrote, it was just a question, asked from a Truly OPEN perspective, just for clarification.
Sculptor1 wrote:
May 22nd, 2020, 5:40 am
How do you know it was not proven, if you do not know what it was?
But where did I say "it" was not proven?

Your Honest answers to ALL of my series of clarifying questions would be very much appreciated.
[/quote]
God help you!

evolution
Posts: 421
Joined: April 19th, 2020, 6:20 am

Re: Space, Time, and Paradoxes

Post by evolution » May 23rd, 2020, 12:24 am

Sculptor1 wrote:
May 22nd, 2020, 5:42 pm
evolution wrote:
May 22nd, 2020, 7:35 am


But what exactly did I say was 'true and correct'?
Seriously - You don't even know. This is priceless!!
{quote]

Could it have been something not what you are assuming here?
Sculptor1 wrote:
May 22nd, 2020, 5:40 am
but now you say you do not know what the "assumption" was.
Where exactly did I say I do not know what the assumption was?

If you read what I actually wrote, it was just a question, asked from a Truly OPEN perspective, just for clarification.
Sculptor1 wrote:
May 22nd, 2020, 5:40 am
How do you know it was not proven, if you do not know what it was?
But where did I say "it" was not proven?

Your Honest answers to ALL of my series of clarifying questions would be very much appreciated.
God help you!
[/quote]

Are you even aware that just because I ask you a question that then does not necessarily mean that I do not know the answer already?

I just ask you to see if you actually know. And, if you do not answer, which you rarely do, then that can be seen as you you actually do know yourself.

User avatar
Sculptor1
Posts: 1967
Joined: May 16th, 2019, 5:35 am

Re: Space, Time, and Paradoxes

Post by Sculptor1 » May 23rd, 2020, 4:22 am

evolution wrote:
May 23rd, 2020, 12:24 am
Sculptor1 wrote:
May 22nd, 2020, 5:42 pm

Seriously - You don't even know. This is priceless!!
{quote]

Could it have been something not what you are assuming here?



Where exactly did I say I do not know what the assumption was?

If you read what I actually wrote, it was just a question, asked from a Truly OPEN perspective, just for clarification.



But where did I say "it" was not proven?

Your Honest answers to ALL of my series of clarifying questions would be very much appreciated.
God help you!
Are you even aware that just because I ask you a question that then does not necessarily mean that I do not know the answer already?

I just ask you to see if you actually know. And, if you do not answer, which you rarely do, then that can be seen as you you actually do know yourself.
[/quote]

Again, and again you seem to miss the points.

evolution
Posts: 421
Joined: April 19th, 2020, 6:20 am

Re: Space, Time, and Paradoxes

Post by evolution » May 23rd, 2020, 5:31 am

Sculptor1 wrote:
May 23rd, 2020, 4:22 am
evolution wrote:
May 23rd, 2020, 12:24 am

God help you!
Are you even aware that just because I ask you a question that then does not necessarily mean that I do not know the answer already?

I just ask you to see if you actually know. And, if you do not answer, which you rarely do, then that can be seen as you you actually do know yourself.
Again, and again you seem to miss the points.
[/quote]

Okay. So it now seems that this could be a two way occurrence.

Also, could it be possible that your so called "points" are not actually missed?

User avatar
Sculptor1
Posts: 1967
Joined: May 16th, 2019, 5:35 am

Re: Space, Time, and Paradoxes

Post by Sculptor1 » May 23rd, 2020, 8:26 am

evolution wrote:
May 23rd, 2020, 5:31 am
Sculptor1 wrote:
May 23rd, 2020, 4:22 am


Again, and again you seem to miss the points.
Okay. So it now seems that this could be a two way occurrence.

Also, could it be possible that your so called "points" are not actually missed?
QED!
God help you.

evolution
Posts: 421
Joined: April 19th, 2020, 6:20 am

Re: Space, Time, and Paradoxes

Post by evolution » May 23rd, 2020, 7:06 pm

Sculptor1 wrote:
May 23rd, 2020, 8:26 am
evolution wrote:
May 23rd, 2020, 5:31 am


Okay. So it now seems that this could be a two way occurrence.

Also, could it be possible that your so called "points" are not actually missed?
QED!
God help you.
Your complete inability to provide answers to my Truly OPEN and very specific clarifying questions infers that you are misunderstanding what is actually happening here.

User avatar
Sculptor1
Posts: 1967
Joined: May 16th, 2019, 5:35 am

Re: Space, Time, and Paradoxes

Post by Sculptor1 » May 24th, 2020, 10:50 am

evolution wrote:
May 23rd, 2020, 7:06 pm
Sculptor1 wrote:
May 23rd, 2020, 8:26 am


QED!
God help you.
Your complete inability to provide answers to my Truly OPEN and very specific clarifying questions infers that you are misunderstanding what is actually happening here.
Teehee.

User avatar
Terrapin Station
Posts: 3390
Joined: August 23rd, 2016, 3:00 pm
Favorite Philosopher: Bertrand Russell and WVO Quine
Location: NYC Man

Re: Space, Time, and Paradoxes

Post by Terrapin Station » May 24th, 2020, 11:13 am

evolution wrote:
May 23rd, 2020, 7:06 pm
Sculptor1 wrote:
May 23rd, 2020, 8:26 am


QED!
God help you.
Your complete inability to provide answers to my Truly OPEN and very specific clarifying questions infers that you are misunderstanding what is actually happening here.
Any posts you make criticizing how people respond, criticizing their understanding of your posts, etc. should be automatically deleted. Maybe then you'd have to post some content other than just meta stuff about posting.

Post Reply