The March Philosophy Book of the Month is Final Notice by Van Fleisher. Discuss Final Notice now.

The April Philosophy Book of the Month is The Unbound Soul by Richard L. Haight. Discuss The Unbound Soul Now

The May Philosophy Book of the Month is Misreading Judas by Robert Wahler.

Podcast Group

We choose one book per month to read and discuss philosophically as a group.

January 2019 Philosophy Book of the Month: The Runaway Species: How Human Creativity Remakes the World by David Eagleman and Anthony Brandt

February 2019 Philosophy Book of the Month: The Fourth Age: Smart Robots, Conscious Computers, and the Future of Humanity by Byron Reese (Nominated by RJG)

March 2019 Philosophy Book of the Month: Final Notice by Van Fleisher

April 2019 Philosophy Book of the Month: The Unbound Soul: A Visionary Guide to Spiritual Transformation and Enlightenment by Richard L. Haight
Burning ghost

Podcast Group

Post by Burning ghost » November 23rd, 2018, 4:27 am

Rather than spending time reading books how about a Podcast Group?

If interested post here.

General plan is to post something and then I’ll give my thoughts. Others can then gove there thoughts and we can focus on the parts that interestus most and see what happens.

Podcasts, I believe, are generally easier for people to manage.
AKA badgerjelly

chewybrian
Favorite Philosopher: Epictetus

Re: Podcast Group

Post by chewybrian » November 23rd, 2018, 8:23 am

I would like to play along.

I would also add that I prefer reading to watching. So, maybe we could mix them in or have another thread to discuss short stories or very short works of philosophy. There are lots of very interesting choices that come in at 10 pages or less. I think they would usually have more substance to them than videos, though not always.
"If determinism holds, then past events have conspired to cause me to hold this view--it is out of my control. Either I am right about free will, or it is not my fault that I am wrong."

Burning ghost

Re: Podcast Group

Post by Burning ghost » November 23rd, 2018, 10:13 am

I imagine such things will branch from introducing these podcasts.

I’ll post two or three by December with some comments. If people can then add their views and reading resources great!
AKA badgerjelly